Computer science is a wide field, from its theoretical and algorithmic foundations to cutting-edge development in robotics and intelligent systems.
This BCS-accredited Computer Science degree has been designed in line with professional standards and is your first step towards a career in secure software development. You’ll work on real problems in readiness for employment, developing key skills that will help you keep pace with this rapidly changing field.
If your desire is to become a programmer, then a computer science course is perfect for you. You’ll learn about abstraction,complexity, evolutionary change, sharing of common resources, security and concurrency.
From system functionality to usability and performance, you’ll also be better placed to solve real-life problems with an understanding of how they affect people’s lives.
As a computer scientist, you’ll learn by doing, making use of high-performance computers, and working individually and in teams to produce solutions to tight deadlines, giving you first-hand experience of agile software development.
What you will study
Foundation Year: Computer Science Degree
- Foundation Statistics
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Integrated Computing Devices
- Working Effectively with Computers
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Information Systems
Year One: Computer Science Degree
- C++ Programming
- Computer Systems Concepts
- Professionalism and Employability
- Information Management, Assurance and Security
- Mathematical Tools for Computation
Year Two: Computer Science Degree
- Data Structures and Algorithms with Object Oriented Programming
- Secure Software Development
- Operating Systems Concepts
- Event Driven and Graphical User Interface Programming
- Professional Practice and Employability, Team Based Software Development Workshop
- Supervised Work Experience (Computing) (optional)
- Study Overseas (Computing) (optional)
- Computational Mathematics or Database Development
Year Three: Computer Science Degree
- Individual Project
- Computer Networks
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (optional) or Mobile Systems and Applications (optional)
- Parallel and Concurrent Programming
- Intelligent Systems
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>