The security of computer systems is vital, with more and more of our details collected and held by companies and government. As attempts to breach these security systems become more sophisticated, preventing unauthorised access is an important role in society.
The BSc (Hons) Computer Security degree has a practical emphasis to prepare you for a career in computer security. You’ll understand how computer systems are designed and secured, and learn how to protect them against all kinds of attacks.
Your Computer Security degree will also cover effective computer systems management and how to complete an effective IT health check. Plus, there’s an opportunity to undertake CompTIA Security+ certification – further recognition for your superior technical skills and expertise in computer security.
The University is recognised as a Centre of Excellence for information security and computer forensics by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC).
What you will study
Foundation Year: Computer Security Degree
- Foundation Statistics
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Integrated Computing Devices
- Working Effectively with Computers
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Information Systems
Year One: Computer Security Degree
- Computer Systems and Network Technologies
- Computer Programming
- Information Engineering
- Cyber Tools and Processes
- Professionalism and Governance in Cyber Security
- Mathematical Tools for Computer Forensics and Security
Year Two: Computer Security Degree
- Operating System Theory and Implementation
- Project Management and Professional Practice
- Supervised Work Experience (Computing) – optional
- Study Overseas (Computing) – optional
- Team Project Pen Testing
- Computer Systems Security
- Secure Web Programming
Year Three: Computer Security Degree
- Individual Project
- Ethical Hacking
- System Security and Administration
- Computer Networks
- The Computing Professional in Practice
Your study involves 16 hours of lectures, tutorials and practical sessions each week. You also need to spend an extra four hours per week, per module, doing coursework, general reading and other preparation. We strongly recommend you take advantage of a sandwich year working in industry in the UK or abroad. The skills you will gain will boost your employability, plus it can often lead to employment opportunities with your placement company.
Types of assessment include examinations, coursework and problem-based exercises based on real-life scenarios.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>