If you’re interested in studying crime, criminality, victimisation and the criminal justice system, the BSc (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice is for you. You will develop a critical awareness of theory and practice in criminology, and understand the social context of crime and how it is managed. You will also learn how agencies operate within the criminal justice system.
We have strong links with criminal justice agencies and offer modules that reflect the current nature of this subject, often inviting guest speakers to talk to you about their work. As well as volunteering opportunities, you can complete a work placement module, which could help you secure employment when you graduate.
What you will study
Year One: Criminology Degree
- Researching Crime and Justice I
- Understanding Criminal Justice
- Criminological Theory
- Understanding Crime, Victims and Society
- Contemporary Crime
- Crime, Vice and Lowlife in the Nineteenth Century
Year Two: Criminology Degree
- Riots, Protest and Public Disorder
- Researching Crime and Justice II
- Contemporary Issues in Substance Misuse
- Professional Practice
- Penology: Punishment, Prisons and Offender Management
Year Three: Criminology Degree
You will study:
- Understanding Homicide
- Comparative Criminology
You will also have the opportunity to choose optional modules from the below:
- Critical Issues in Criminal Investigations
- Terrorism, Security and the War on Terror
- Women and Criminal Justice
- Contemporary Issues in Youth and Crime
The BSc (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice is also available as a four year course including an integrated foundation year, and is designed for students who do not currently meet admissions criteria for direct entry onto the degree. You will start by completing a foundation year, which provides well structured support, allowing you to develop your skills and knowledge before continuing onto the three year degree programme.For more information please email email@example.com
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>