Criminology and psychology inhabit a rapidly changing world and through this course you will study not one, but two topical, challenging and fascinating disciplines.
Covering two distinct and yet complementary areas of study, this major minor Criminology with Psychology degree allows you to study the fundamental elements of each discipline.
Not only will you be able to gain an advanced understanding of crime and criminal justice systems, but you’ll be able to consider the psychology of crime in relation to such issues, making for a stimulating programme of study.
The ability to combine two academic disciplines is also a great way of broadening your knowledge base and opening up opportunities for a wide range of interesting career options.
What you will study
You will study a mix of criminology and psychology modules throughout the course. Each year your studies will focus on a series of criminology modules which will be supplemented with additional psychology study.
- Understanding Crime and Society
- Understanding Criminal Justice
- Criminological Theory
- Researching Crime and Criminal Justice I
- Perspectives in Psychology
- Critical readings in Psychology
- Researching Crime and Criminal Justice II
- Contemporary Issues in Substance Misuse
- Professional Practice
- From Cells to Consciousness
- Lifespan Development in the Social Context
- Critical Issues in Criminal Investigations
- Understanding Homicide
You will also study two modules from the following options:
- Comparative Criminology
- Terrorism, Security and the War on Terror
- Forensic Psychology
You will study two modules from the following options:
- Therapeutic Interventions across the lifespan (optional)
- Health Psychology (optional)
- How the Mind Works in Everyday Life (optional)
The Criminology with Psychology degree is taught through a combination of lectures, discussion based or practical seminars, participative workshops and tutorials. There is a strong emphasis on research methods and you will develop your practical psychology skills in our purpose-built laboratories. We also invite guest speakers from a range of professions, such as the youth service, the police and the various branches of psychology.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>