Information communication technology (ICT) continues to play a crucial part in effective computer systems that can meet increasing user demands. We live in a world dominated by online services and social interactions, so the ICT systems behind them must be responsive, reliable and secure.
This practical BSc (Hons) Information Communication Technology course covers the development and use of ICT systems in business and industry, and focuses on core business technologies in a constantly evolving global environment.
You also have the chance to gain a vendor qualification (additional cost applies), as a substantial part of the Cisco curriculum (CCNA) is covered as part of this ICT course. Achieving a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is the first step in helping you prepare for a career in networking and focuses on network infrastructure, mainly routing and switching, but also includes wireless access, security and connectivity.
While we concentrate on developing the skills you need to understand an organisation’s information and technical needs, you will also gain elements of web development, computer programming, GIS, and gain additional skills for a career in technical and end-user support, or application development.
Year One: ICT degree
- Computer Systems and Network Technologies
- Graphical User Interface Programming
- Designing and Implementing Interactive Systems
- Professionalism and Employability
- Information Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics for Computing
Year Two: ICT degree
- Operating System Theory and Implementation
- Project Management and Professional Practice
- Web Content Management Technologies
- Database Development
- IT Service Management and PPE
- Applied Computer Networking
- Supervised Work Experience (Computing) – Optional
- Study Overseas (Computing)- Optional
Year Three: ICT degree
- Individual Project
- Strategic IS Management
- Advanced Databases and Modelling
- GIS and the Spatial Web
- Advanced ITSM
- Advanced Applied Computer Networking
- The Computing Professional in Practice
You will have around 16 hours of lectures, tutorials and practical sessions every week. You also need to spend four hours per week, per module on your coursework, general reading and other preparation.
Types of assessment include examinations, coursework and exercises based on real-life problems.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>