Do you want to support the wellbeing and social inclusion of people with learning disabilities? Learning disability nurses care for people of all ages with a learning disability and work in partnership with individuals, supporters and family carers to provide specialist healthcare. They promote their autonomy, rights, choices and their social inclusion in the health care system.
This three-year learning disabilities nursing degree combines theory and practice in an innovative way, to focus on the care of people with learning disabilities. Successful completion of this nursing degree will allow you entry to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Register as a qualified learning disabilities nurse.
What you will study
Year One: Learning Disability Nursing Degree
- The Essentials of Nursing Practice
- Assessing needs and creating therapeutic opportunities
- Promoting Health & Wellbeing
- Developing confidence in Practice: Practice 1
Year Two: Learning Disability Nursing Degree
- Enhancing assessment & evidence-based interventions
- Professional, Legal & Ethical Issues in Nursing
- Informed decision making in the practice environment
- Evidence-based practice: evaluating care within the context of practice
Year Three: Learning Disability Nursing Degree
- Advancing knowledge, skills & therapeutic interventions
- Leading and managing quality care across settings
- The Nurse as an Educator
- Becoming a proficient practitioner
You’ll study with students from all fields and other professions, as well as having sessions specific to your field. There’s also the requirement to work with clients and patients from other fields, so you can care for patients with multiple and complex needs.
The nursing degree lasts a minimum of 42 weeks. Supervised practice placements are an integral part of the programme. There’s an equal split between theory and practice, which is integrated throughout all our nursing courses, Each academic year is split into four terms.
In term one, you will study in theory block in University followed by block in clinical practice. This pattern is repeated through the three-year programme. Please note that holidays are fixed for the duration of your nurse training.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>