About the course
This Physiotherapy course has been developed to provide you with the key skills you will need to embark on a successful career in physiotherapy, either within the NHS or in other health and fitness settings. When you successfully complete the course you will be able to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), to allow you to work as a physiotherapist in the UK.
You’ll learn through a combination of methods including lectures, seminars, tutorials, practical classes, presentations and reflection – as well spending some periods on clinical practice placements. You’ll also learn through real-life simulations and by exposure to state-of-the-art equipment. The comprehensive curriculum that you’ll study has been approved by the HCPC, and you’ll gain the core skills needed to assess and diagnose patients’ problems caused by accident, illness or ageing, and to formulate treatment plans and implement exercise, physical activity and therapeutic treatments.
Studying this course will give you the skills needed to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and alongside other clinical therapists – with the NHS or beyond – in a range of settings.
This programme is underpinned by the definition described by The World Federation of Physical Therapists (WCPT) and the core values stated by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. WFPT describes Physiotherapy profession as: is a health care profession concerned with human function and movement and maximising physical potential. It is concerned with identifying and maximising quality of life and movement potential within the spheres of promotion, prevention, treatment/intervention, habilitation and rehabilitation. Described by the CSP, Physiotherapy is a science-based profession and takes a ‘whole person’ approach to health and wellbeing, which includes the patient’s general lifestyle. At the core is the patient’s involvement in their own care, through education, awareness, empowerment and participation in their treatment.
The values at the heart of physiotherapy practice are: Accountability for decision making and actions; Advocacy; Altruism; Commitment to excellence; Compassion and caring; Fulfilment of duty of care and social responsibility; Honesty and integrity (CSP 2019).
Physiotherapy core values are central to the curriculum and emphasis is placed on the unique and individual client-centred assessment and management informing the content and configuration of the curriculum (rather than bio-medical and service-led patterns). The programme adopts a Spiral curriculum design that emphasises building on prior knowledge. This means concepts are re-visited with increasing complexity in learning continuing throughout the programme. It is divided into themes that require further depth as students progress through the course.
Why choose this course?
You’ll be trained alongside other Allied Health professionals, helping to prepare you to work collaboratively in health settings across public, private, voluntary and independent sectors, giving you access to a variety of career options once qualified.
Choose BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy and:
- Learn from academic experts and technical practitioners with expertise in physiotherapy, other musculoskeletal therapies, occupational therapy, anatomy, biomechanics, physiology and pathology, as well as research.
- Study a course which will train you to work in a range of contexts and settings, opening up a variety of career paths.
- Develop the skills which will enable you to develop a satisfying and challenging career working with people in a range of settings; helping to meet the growing needs of a population where people are living longer, often with long-term conditions.
- Gain a qualification which will enable you to practice as a physiotherapist in the UK, giving you access to employment prospects in a sector where qualified professionals are in high demand.
- Explore a range of career options within the NHS and in other health and fitness settings.
- Challenge yourself to put your knowledge into practice through simulations and clinical placements.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>