The UK’s construction industry contributes approximately 10% to the country’s Gross Domestic Product, and employs thousands of highly-skilled workers.
The techniques and technologies used in the industry are increasingly sophisticated, and this course will equip you with all the skills and knowledge needed for success.
You will learn about the latest developments in the construction of sustainable and hi-tech buildings, and develop a wide range of management skills. And the course will help you understand the complexities of government policies and regulations, and how these affect the industry.
We use a number of different teaching methods, including work-based learning, and these will enable you to gain experience and develop a portfolio. You will also have the chance to visit exhibitions and seminars led by experts.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn about the innovative structures, new materials and pioneering processes that are transforming the construction industry
- Study in a dedicated environment using the very latest industry standard equipment
- Develop the intellectual skills needed to conceptualise, develop and manage construction processes
- Gain knowledge and insight into the government policies and regulations that affect the industry
- Explore a wide range of areas including surveying, health and safety, construction law and CAD software applications
- Challenge yourself on work-based projects and assignments led by highly skilled professionals who will give you the benefit of their many years of practical experience
- Benefit from attending industry exhibitions and seminars arranged by experts
This course is taught by experienced professionals with focus on pragmatism and the industry requirements. Guest lecturers are also invited to share their current experience with students. The course specifically encourages the students to attend specialist seminars and trade shows to further their exposure to the current developments in the industry. By presenting your research and analysis you will also develop your presentation and communication skills, deemed to be essential by the industry. Students from this course have progressed to CAD operatives and architectural design assistant positions, as well as trainee surveyors and technical assistants in Housing Associations, Local Authority and building contractors, this is all due to the skills developed during the Work Based Learning specific to this qualification.