Business touches on almost every aspect of modern society, and graduates with relevant skills are in demand worldwide – with a huge range of career options.
This degree is designed specifically to meet the needs of business, offering you a thorough grounding in key disciplines.
Making extensive use of up-to-date technology, you will produce business plans and market analyses, gaining the kinds of problem-solving skills and analytical abilities employers seek.
You will also develop presentation skills, team-working skills and the ability to effectively evaluate your own work.
This varied, challenging and fun course will help you gain the excellent communication skills needed in business and the confidence to tackle the kinds of projects you can expect in your first job.
This course is part of a suite of related degrees which starts with a common first two years and then gives you the opportunity to specialise.
Pathways available: Business Studies (General), Business Studies (International), Business Studies (Marketing), Business Studies (Finance), Business Studies (Project Management).
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course combines practical and applied education with general business knowledge. It will particularly appeal to students who like practical real life projects.
Your course builds up over three years to ensure that you have a sound academic base over a wide range of business subjects and that you have the experience to apply this knowledge to a wide range of businesses.
You will enjoy a strong practical educational experience which combines academic theory with real world business projects.
The course will develop your understanding of how to tackle business problems, and the kind of roles you might take up in the future in an organisation. Together these areas of learning and self-development will help you become a rounded and capable potential manager.
- Learn in Business Pods, designed to simulate a modern office environment and introduce you to what it’s like in employment
- Study a general business pathway, or if a particular aspect of business excites you, choose to specialise in your final year
- Develop an understanding of how to tackle business problems and the self-awareness to fit into a future employer’s organisation
- Gain practical experience on an optional placement (sandwich) year – which gives you both experience in an organisation and academic credit, taking the pressure off in your final year
- Explore opportunities for further postgraduate and professional study
- Benefit from a degree that gives you the academic theory, practice-based experience and opportunity to work on real-world business projects to help you become a rounded and capable future manager
On completing this course you are likely to progress to a career in one of a wide variety of industries. Our aim is to produce all-rounders with practical knowledge who understand the demands and requirements of the commercial world.
The experience you will gain will equip you with both the knowledge and process skills to make you highly effective. This course prepares you for the world of work and you will find that you can easily fit into a wide variety of tasks and organisations.
Equally, you could decide that you wish to continue your studies and specialise in a particular area. Historically our students study for a wide variety of business related MSc’s both within the University of Bedfordshire and in other UK institutions.