If you are already working (employed or volunteering) with children, young people and families for at least 14 hours per week, this course has been designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to provide a high-quality service as well as enhancing your employment opportunities.
Core to this is the belief that we all have rights, should have equal access to services and life opportunities, and that everybody’s qualities and potential are important and valuable.
Study the essential aspects of child development and welfare, legislation and policy as you develop your own capacity for independent thinking and creative approaches to working with children, young people and families.
- Learn whilst working in childcare, with the support of your employer and a mentor, allowing you to relate your learning and theory to your practice
- Study with a diverse range of people, with a wealth of experience to share with each other
- Develop extensive knowledge and skills in all areas of child development and childcare service provision
- Explore areas of study including: child observation; beliefs, expectations and language of youth; social policy and families multi-agency working; applied psychology; management and organisational theory
- Gain understanding of theory, policy and practice as you develop a sound working knowledge of current legislation, Government policy and initiatives
- Benefit from a course that allows you to enter the final year of an Honours degree (e.g the BA (Hons) Early Years Studies or Child and Adolescent Studies) and opens doors to careers in outreach and community work; educational welfare; family support; youth remand centres; residential social work; special or statutory schools or in children’s rights
This course will help you gain an in-depth understanding of the essential aspects of child development and welfare. It will further equip you with the skills required to provide high-quality services for children, young people and families. Their rights, and the belief that they have equal access to services and life opportunities regardless of social difference, feature strongly throughout the course. You will apply knowledge to current practice
Built around the most current legislation, policy and events and offering a wide area of study, this course gives you an in-depth understanding of the essential aspects of child development and welfare. Underpinning the course is the belief that children, young people and their families have rights and should have equal access to services and opportunities, regardless of social difference.
Your studies have a strong vocational element, with real-life practice informing the curriculum and your work. You are expected to be employed or volunteering with children or young people for a minimum of 14 hours per week and need a work-based mentor to support you with your studies.
You will also research and complete a work-based project, supported by the academic team, all of whom are actively involved in research themselves.
Why choose this course?
- Benefit from the University of Bedfordshire’s new Health & Social Care Academy, run in partnership with local councils and NHS Trusts to recruit and train the next generation of health and social care workers
- Learning while working in childcare (with the support of your employer and a mentor) allows you to relate theory to practice
- Completing the course allows you to enter the final year of an Honours degree such as our BA (Hons) Child and Adolescent Studies
- It opens doors to careers in outreach and community work; educational welfare; family support; youth remand centres; residential social work; special or statutory schools; or children’s rights
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>