The creation and production of computer games has grown to become a huge industry, but they also play an important role in the development of new technology, software applications and digital distribution.
This course will provide you with the skills to write code from scratch, modify existing code and apply and integrate different types of technology.
You will be involved in a significant amount of practical work using industry standard hi-tech tools, and explore the latest developments in mobile, tablet, web and social media gaming.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn how computer game assets such as environments, character models and animation are created and integrated into code
- Study in passionate, dynamic groups as you get to grips with commercially relevant software tools such as 3ds Max and Visual Studio
- Develop your team working and project coordinating skills as you produce code and software
- Gain experience with motion capture rigs, facial scanners and 3D sculpting
- Explore the latest developments in mobile, tablet, web and social media gaming
- Challenge yourself by solving complex problems and presenting new game concepts and ideas
- Benefit from personal development planning which will help you research companies, discuss your future plans and apply for jobs
You will gain valuable skills a career within Games Development in particular as well as those relevant for a much wider range of roles including general software development or IT.
During the first year, in the unit ‘Fundamentals of Computer Studies’ you will explore the notion of graduate competences, analyse a job role within the Games Development industry and identify the expectations of employers. You will also develop a personalised action plan to help direct your development.
You will be advised on the importance of extracurricular activity and encouraged to take part in opportunities such as game jams either hosted within or outside of the University.
The final year unit ‘Social and Professional Project Management’ requires you to work in a team to apply a current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control. You will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
During the course you will have opportunities to develop games for a variety of platforms, working in teams and using industry relevant processes. In some cases these may be for an external client on a live brief and will help you gain experience of working collaboratively and allow you to produce content as part of your portfolio.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>