The course is broadly based yet carries enough depth to provide credible vocational skills; because of the wide range of courses taught in the department a number of special equipment is accessible in areas such as biometrics, robotics or computer graphics, which allows you to encounter the context of use of various concepts in Computer Science.
Computer Science is a complex and wide-ranging subject, and includes the study of computation theory, the design of systems and artificial intelligence.
You will concentrate on essential areas such as systems architecture and security, acquire practical programming, modelling and software development skills before focusing on a chosen specialist area for your final stage project.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn a broad-based range of subjects but in enough depth to give you high value vocational skills
- Study in a carefully structured but flexible way, sharing the first foundation stage with our other related BSc degrees before specialising in the second and third stages
- Develop your practical skills in a variety of programming languages
- Gain confidence in the use of specialist biometric, robotic and computer graphic equipment
- Explore the latest developments in artificial intelligence
- Challenge yourself as you decide which specialist area you would like to focus on
- Benefit from studying with highly qualified specialists in dedicated laboratories using the latest hi-tech equipment
This course gives you skills that are valuable for a career within Computer Science but it is also relevant for a much wider range of applications.
Employability is understood widely as encompassing knowledge, skills and a professional attitude which your tutors expect you to display in all your units. All University of Bedfordshire courses aim to help you to be prepared for the world of work. The Careers and Employability Service is there to support you throughout the three years of your study.
The final year unit ‘Social and Professional Project Management’ in particular requires you to work in a team so as to apply a current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control; you will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
The final year project fosters independent and autonomous study: you learn to take up the responsibility of conducting your project, typically derived from your own ideas, in collaboration with a dedicated member of the teaching staff as project supervisor.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>