The construction industry is one of the UK’s main economic drivers, and contributes around 10% to the country’s GDP.
This course will help you develop the high-level management skills that are in demand by the industry, and give you the opportunity to learn about the latest techniques, materials and supply chain processes.
You will also study the government policies and regulations that relate to the industry, and receive a thorough grounding in contract, procurement and risk management.
We offer a range of teaching and learning methods, including work-based learning projects which will enable you to gain the experience required for employment and develop a portfolio of work.
You will also have the opportunity to attend exhibitions and seminars arranged and presented by experts.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn a range of valuable transferable skills, including teamwork, communication, problem solving, mathematics and IT solutions
- Study construction economics, contract, procurement and risk management, project management and policy development
- Develop active links with some of the country’s leading construction companies
- Gain a deep insight into the Government and EU policies and regulations that effect the industry
- Explore your limits in our state-of-art teaching facilities
- Challenge yourself as you learn about the latest technologies, techniques and materials for sustainable building
- Benefit from the fact that the technical elements of the course are mapped to NVQs in Construction Management at Level 4
This course is taught by experienced professionals with focus on pragmatism and the industry requirements. Guest lecturers are also invited to share their current experience with students. The course specifically encourages the students to attend specialist seminars and trade shows to further their exposure to the current developments in the industry. By presenting your research and analysis you will also develop your presentation and communication skills, deemed to be essential by the industry. Students from this course have progressed to site management assistant positions, as well as trainee estimators and planners in Housing Associations, Local Authority and building contractors, this is all due to the skills developed during the Work Based Learning specific to this qualification.