This degree leaves nothing to chance, covering reporting, news and features, fiction, creative non-fiction and new-media writing. You study cross-industry writing, editorial and production skills, with options in radio journalism, innovative writing and specialist fiction. You work with the latest technology in our TV and radio studios, fully equipped edit suites and Press Association news feeds.
Tutors are all professional creative writers with publishing and broadcast expertise who support you as you develop your own unique voice and channel it through your writing. They can also give you practical guidance when it comes to getting recognised and published.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn the essential tools you need for writing across genres and media from experienced writers, journalists, academics, research students and alumni
- Develop practical skills in production for television, print and online journalism
- Gain links with the publishing industry and other writing-related industries through the professional practice element of the course (see below)
- Explore outlets for your own work including the Creative Writing Guild which runs workshops and open mic nights as well as publishing anthologies of student work
- If you need a step-up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year which guarantees entry to the degree course
You will be taught by practising writer-academics and journalist-academics with active research journalistic and creative interests. You will work in a real multi-media newsroom on up-to-the-minute stories giving you experience of the industry. You may join the Creative Writing Guild who can publish your work and also gain experience at ‘open mic’ nights.
In journalism, units are designed to give you an insight into the journalism industry including working on a professionally-focused piece of journalism. You will also have lectures and talks specifically related to employability.
In Creative Writing, you will study all the stages of the creative process with professional output in mind, produce a substantial piece of work which may be your calling card into publication and research into, and interact with, possible outlets and employment opportunities.
The course has links with a range of professionals in journalism, writing and publishing, from successful graduates who will share their experiences with you, to reputable journalists and publishers who will give advice on getting published and on careers in journalism and publishing, including applying for internships.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>