The BA (Hons) Health and Wellbeing Practice degree is a brand new course developed to provide a range of practitioners to work within the public, private and third sectors, with groups and individuals in roles that are inter-professional, and multi-disciplinary.
The course is designed to be broad based and focuses on a number of related areas of work that are pivotal in supporting people within organisations and communities. The curriculum provides students the opportunity to acquire a deep understanding of how health and wellbeing practices operate to shape policies, procedures and processes in workplace settings. This aims to be an engaging, values-led degree course and therefore provides students with the chance to gain the skills and holistic understanding needed to work effectively in multidisciplinary, and community-based work settings upon successful completion of the course.
Why CU Coventry
We offer a style of education which is flexible and designed to fit around your life, allowing you to benefit from a modern, forward-thinking higher education institution, reinforced by the quality and reputation of Coventry University. We aim to provide career-focused courses, wherever possible, coupled with placement opportunities to help prepare you for the world of work. We are dedicated to making higher education accessible and enjoyable to everyone, so we keep our fees low and made it a policy to cover one module at a time, allowing you to become a specialist in each topic before moving onto the next.
What you’ll study
The BA (Hons) Health and Wellbeing Practice is a specialist degree in a new and emerging field of work and offers the opportunity for a progressive development in the theory, practice and in-depth knowledge and approaches of health and wellbeing. The study program focuses on statutory and non-statutory perspectives guiding current legislation, initiatives and policy. It aims to produce graduates who, upon successful completion, are critically informed about and engaged with contemporary issues in health and wellbeing practice, in a range of sectors.
The course aims to develop students into knowledgeable, resilient and adaptive individuals who can progress successfully into health and wellbeing practitioners, operating at an advanced level, and/or continue into postgraduate study upon successful completion. The embedding of the professional body qualification Chartered Managers Institute Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring provides the chance for further vocational relevance to the student portfolio (subject to successful completion of the study program, please see the Accreditation and Professional Recognition section for further information).
As part of the study program, students are encouraged to develop a critical and reflective perspective throughout the course to ensure that they develop a personal philosophy of health and wellbeing practice, which will inform their practice in their chosen career pathways upon successful completion.
How you’ll learn
At CU Coventry, students have the chance to learn through a variety of modes. This program is focused on applied learning geared to high intensity teaching and study, requiring full commitment from students. The delivery of course content is a blend of lectures, tutorials and online mediums.
We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you have the chance to dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
Each module is worth 30 credits, which will require the equivalent of 300 study hours, of which 120 hours are direct contact hours in form of lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops, independent structured activities, and enrichment activities appropriate to the module subject.
The modules run over a six-week period and are taught consecutively, with assessments within each block.
Unlike traditional institutions, there are no end of year exams. Instead, learning is assessed through coursework and phase tests, which is more reflective of a working environment.
The learning outcomes of modules, assignments and projects will be clearly stated. Your work will be marked according to how well you achieve these learning outcomes and your final feedback will refer to each outcome, as well as providing an overall percentage grade.
On successful completion of this course, students will able to:
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders, groups, networks and organisations by developing an understanding of the individual and their role within an organisation or community
- Display confidence in decision making by effectively and appropriately prioritising and delegating tasks, reflect on own performance and that of others constructively and manage personal self-development.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professionalism in the context of self and organisation, recognising statutory and legal obligations and responsibilities, and apply ethical codes of conduct to a given environment.
- Recognise and critically appraise contemporary health issues and the effects on wellbeing in local, global, and planetary contexts.
- Develop skills in the use of digital media in undertaking research and appreciate its wider application in the workplace.
- Identify and classify key anatomical, neurological and physiological factors that contribute to health and wellbeing in a contemporary world.
- Demonstrate effective evidence-based critical thinking and research skills in the field of contemporary health and apply to a research project.
- Recognise and examine opportunities for talent development and motivation through effective communication, team building, and leadership.
International experience opportunities
International experience opportunities may be in the form of Collaborative Online International Learning Projects and field trips* wherever possible. Please note that such opportunities and field trips are subject to competitive application, availability, meeting any applicable visa requirements and additional fees may apply.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>