Careers in the cybersecurity field offer huge potential for skilled graduates. This wide-ranging course is designed to develop the diverse skillset you need to identify and manage physical, natural and electronic security breaches and violations in all areas of cyberspace.
Our cutting-edge teaching and training techniques give you a thorough understanding of security processes and practices as well as the complexities and challenges associated with information security; the legal requirements around information-security domains; and post-incident analysis techniques.
Work-based learning and placements enable you to put theory into practice, as you build your ability to understand and analyse threat factors and multi-stage cyber attacks, and put controls in place to mitigate risk and impact.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- It is fully aligned with BCS, CESG and IISP requirements, making your qualification highly relevant to a range of employers
- You learn from a dedicated team of cybersecurity experts, trainers and active researchers
- Learning approaches are practice-based and include work-based and placement activities as well as interactive demonstrations by academic staff and guest speakers
- You apply your technical cybersecurity skills using secure virtualised and containerised environments
- Your degree qualification balances technical and management skills, enabling you to enter careers across a wide range of security contexts
- Take the course over four years and include a year’s placement in industry (see below) where you gain experience and make contacts for the future
- If you are stepping up into higher education, you can start with a Foundation Year which guarantees your entry to the Undergraduate course (see below)
Employability is understood widely as encompassing knowledge, skills and a professional attitude which your tutors expect you to display in all your units. All University of Bedfordshire courses aim to help you to be prepared for the world of work. The Careers Service is there to support you throughout the three years of your study. Our curriculum gives you skills that are valuable for a career as a Cybersecurity specialist but it is also relevant for a much wider range of applications.
The final year unit `Social and Professional Project Management in particular requires you to work in a team so as to apply a current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control; you will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
In addition and somewhat complementary the honours project fosters independent and autonomous study: you learn to take up the responsibility of conducting your project, typically derived from your own ideas, in collaboration with a dedicated member of the teaching staff as project supervisor.
Students who register for the degree with professional practice year will additionally attend a series of workshops and activities related to securing a suitable placement and compulsory briefings at the end of year 2 to ensure that all legal requirements for health and safety, safeguarding etc. training have been met.
This will be explained more fully in your professional practice handbook once you have registered with the Careers and Employability Services Student Development and Awards Team in your first year. If you will be working with children and/or vulnerable people you will be required to have a DBS check and undertake Safeguarding and Prevent training.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>