About the course
If you work with young children, (eg pre-school, child-minding, day nursery or children’s centre), this course is designed to suit your work commitments, combining academic study with knowledge of your work, and preparing you for the top-up degree and professions in Early Years.
Develop your skills in teaching and learning support, reflecting on work-based practice in educating and supporting young children’s early learning and development.
This course offers you a strong foundation in Early Years Education from a variety of professional perspectives, providing opportunities for you to develop your own individual academic and professional interests linking your current work practice to your developing theoretical knowledge.
The course is designed specifically to suit existing work commitments. You will have the opportunity to continue your studies at degree level through the University of Bedfordshire’s BA Applied Early Years Studies course and all successful Foundation Degree students have the right of direct entry to the BA at the end of their study.
You could then choose to follow a Primary PGCE / Schools Direct programme to gain Qualified Teacher Status, or the Early Years Teacher Status (GSCE grades A*-C in Maths, English and Science or equivalent will be required). For those who do not wish to progress on to the top up degree you have various options in employment including leadership and management roles within an Early Years setting.
Why choose this course?
- Learn full-time or part-time, to suit your work commitments
- Study different approaches to teaching and learning and the way children learn, and deepen your own understanding of your work and working environment
- Develop your understanding of early education, child development and the developing child in the family and society, in local and global contexts
- Gain a strong foundation in Early Years Education from a variety of professional perspectives, providing opportunities for you to develop your own individual academic and professional interests linking your current work practice to your developing theoretical knowledge
- Benefit from direct entry to the BA at the end of your study, then progress to Qualified Teacher Status or Early Years Teacher Status or employment in leadership and management roles in Early Years
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>