This course is a great choice if you are thinking of going on to do a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) after your degree but don’t yet want to commit to primary or secondary level teaching.
You’ll get a very good grounding in the key National Curriculum subject of English Literature and learn about key educational ideas and theories, gaining a wide knowledge of key educational ideas and theories, major literary periods and genres, and the use of language.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to choose units which are of particular interest to you and which will have relevance for your future career.
During your degree you will have the opportunity to explore the role of language in society, contemporary and historical notions of childhood and children, study the work of Shakespeare and his contemporaries, the philosophy of education and choose from a range of English and Education Studies options and a dissertation based on your interests and your future career plans.
Why choose this course?
- Learn from a teaching team of Education Studies tutors with extensive school teaching experience and English tutors with strong research and publishing profiles
- Study key educational ideas and theories and core areas in the history and theory of literature
- Develop your understanding of theories of education and literature the role of language in society, and the sociology of childhood and education
- Gain school experience, either within the course itself or through the community volunteer programme
- Explore creative writing, language and linguistics, 19th century and 20th century literature, gender and culture, Gothic literature and American, Irish and world literatures
- Benefit from a degree providing an excellent progression route to a PGCE, without the need to commit to either primary or secondary level teaching
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>