If you have an appreciation of art and fashion and want to work within the industry, our aim is to nurture your individual creativity.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in live projects, competition briefs and hear from visiting experts who will offer you a diverse, cultural and global perspective of the fashion industry (subject to availability).
- You will be encouraged to think critically and independently, to consider and respond to the challenges facing the fashion industry society in general and become truly global graduates.
- Fast paced and dynamic, this course seeks to support you in developing your individual creativity and fashion design judgment, encouraging an active approach to learning through the ongoing production of innovative fashion artefacts.
Why you should study this course
- You’ll have the option to undertake a Professional Placement or Study Abroad Year with partner institutions. For example, past students have studied in Milan, Barcelona, Paris, Tokyo, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Bologna and Liege.
- Work on live industry-led projects with UK companies which in the past have included Claire’s, Sainsbury’s TU, Tatty Devine, Sales Gossip, George and Reebok.
- Current strong links with local employers, for example, Pilot, Next, Sainsbury’s and George at Asda, as well as national employers such as LSN:Global, Trendstop and international employers like Iris Van Herpen and The Theatre of Rome.
- A fashion area at Coventry University which is stocked with a wide range of consumables (thread, fusing, zips, eyelets, trims etc.), a fabric store, fashion archive and a wide range of dress stands for the production of adult clothing, children’s wear, outsize and maternity.
- Support to enter national competitions which in the past have included the Clothes Show Live, Hand and Lock, Midlands Design Awards, Claire’s Accessories, George, The Worshipful Company of Glove Makers, The Broadweavers and Clothiers Association, The Coventry Mercers.
- Opportunities to exhibit your work at key events. Past events have included the Clothes Show Live and events internationally in China and Europe. All students have the opportunity to submit work through a competitive process. Work will be selected by ourselves and/or industry professionals, in order that we show work that is of an acceptable standard for exhibition.
- At Coventry University, access to three well equipped fashion workrooms, a fashion design studio, two shop window areas for visual merchandising, fabric library, storeroom and two laser-cutting rooms, which include industry-standard traditional machinery and highly specialist equipment, such as a digital printer, sublimation printer, vinyl cutter, millinery equipment, leather scriver, sonic welders, tape seamer, bullet moulder, computerised heat fusing machines and keyhole button holes.
International experience opportunities
Our sandwich degree option allows a full-year placement, which can be taken abroad. We have links with institutions in Belgium, Barcelona, Spain, Milan, Bologna, Italy, and Paris. We also strongly encourage students to study a language for their Add+vantage module to support their international experience.
Throughout the course, you will have opportunities to hear from speakers who work in the global fashion industry, such as Sally Denton, currently based in Dubai, who is working with the Sharjah Women’s Council developing traditional lace for luxury brands. We also organise visits to cities where we feel you will most benefit from exposure to the professional fashion world, including Paris to visit Premiere Vision the global fabric trade fair and Berlin, where we visit Berlin Fashion Week and attend various events.
This course covers all aspects of both design and marketing. This combination aims to prepare students for a wide range of careers in the fashion industry.
Coventry University is committed to preparing you for your future career and giving you a competitive edge in the graduate job market. The University’s Careers and Employability team provide a wide range of support services to help you plan and prepare for your career.
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities have their own Creative Futures unit provides a programme of workshops, embedded learning, lectures, professional experience and one-to-one guidance to help you develop the transferable skills and enterprising habits required for a successful career.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>