Both our course and highly experienced academic team encourage you to experiment with designs, materials and garment-making while giving you the practical tools and wider experience you need to develop your individual creative approach.
Based at Alexon House, previously home to one of the UK’s leading fashion houses, the course offers industry-standard manufacturing facilities and the latest textile processes with access to high-spec technology including digital textile printing and pattern cutting; computer-aided design; and 3D printing.
As part of our industry speaker series, you meet designers, artist, editors, curators and recruiters on a weekly basis while also getting the opportunity to join international trips to visit trade fairs and galleries.
You graduate ready for industry with a professional portfolio, following in the footsteps of previous graduates, who have gone on to work with Alexander McQueen, Mary Katranzou, Lulu Liu, Sopie Webster, Amanda Wakeley, Zandra Rhodes, Love Magazine and Denza International. Some of our graduates have started their own label, such as Aaugust, who won Young Designer of the Year at Africa Fashion Week London.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- You learn the specialised design and craft skills you need to make your mark in the domestic and international fashion industry
- You study in a dedicated, stimulating and lively studio environment with a sewing machine for every student
- Our close links with the industry and leading fashion designers mean you work on real briefs and live projects; you’re also encouraged to enter competitions and awards
- Your personal creative development is underpinned by a sound knowledge the history of fashion design; contemporary debates in fashion; multicultural and international contexts; and understanding of the wider visual world
- At Alexon House, you are part of a community spanning the art, design and creative industries, and can explore related disciplines such as digital photography, screen-printing and illustration
- You can challenge established designers when you prepare a garment collection and showcase your work on the runway at our Graduate Fashion Show
- There’s the option to take the course over four years and benefit from a fee-free work placement (see below) which will widen your experience, add to your CV and offer the opportunity to make useful contacts for the future
- If you have completed an appropriate foundation degree or HND, you can join this course at stage three
Employability skills are integrated into the course and provide you with an awareness of the real-world context of the creative industries in general and Fashion Design in particular. You will be helped to develop a strategy for obtaining appropriate employment at the end of your course.
Professional practice will be emphasised as part of all learning units but a work-related learning unit especially will help you to become more focused on managing your career.
You will be helped with the preparation of a professional portfolio; including a CV and social media skills needed to promote yourself in the art and design world.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>