This entrepreneurial-focused course places emphasis on providing the skills you will need to achieve success producing high-class television studio work and film.
This business model approach will allow you to develop real world experience, and provide you with the expertise you will need to establish a career in this dynamic industry.
You will also be able to take advantage of our links with the local film and TV industry to work on live briefs and run your own production company while still an undergraduate.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn on a business-focused course that integrates with newly formed BedsTV and our in-house agency Media Junction and will allow you to broadcast work and assist with the running of a television channel and studios
- Study the business and compliance issues that affect television broadcasting in the UK
- Develop your skills and expertise through our links with the local film and TV community, including Luton Culture, Clearhead Productions, links which will provide live creative briefs
- Gain real world and real work experience, an approach that will provide you with the entrepreneurial knowledge and expertise you will need to establish a career in this exciting industry
- Explore the key transferable skills, critical faculties and analytical acumen you will need to grasp opportunities and achieve your ambitions
- Challenge yourself as you produce your own imaginative work in our industry-standard production and post-production studio facilities
- Benefit from studying with staff who play key roles in the British film industry, many of whom have made documentaries and dramas for TV, cinema and gallery exhibitions.
Real world learning has been written into the core curriculum of the proposed degree at all levels. At level 4 it will be `like real world, but at level 5 students will be required to take part in projects with live briefs. In level 5 this will be through the Freelancer unit and in level 6 real world elements include a live pitch to Industry professionals at the start of the Major project unit, professional practice throughout, and the `degree showcase which students will put on as the culmination of their Major project and to which industry personnel and employers will be invited. Industry speakers will be part of learning at all levels.