The degree offers a business-based approach to film production, providing you with the knowledge and expertise you need to establish a successful career in this fast-paced, exciting field. It is particularly relevant if you’re thinking of starting up your own film production company.
In your first year, you explore creating content; film production; and making images and sound. You go on to study essential skills such as freelancing; both fiction and non-fiction film-making; and writing for the screen. You also work independently on a special film project of your own choosing.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- It offers a unique 70/30 practice/theory balance
- Study in our industry-standard production and post-production studio facilities, giving you a head-start if you wish to set up your own production company
- It gives you the skills you need in digital technology to be an independent film-maker producing low-budget projects, corporate promotions, event profiles and much more
- Learn from an academic team with key roles in the British film industry, many of whom have made documentaries and dramas for TV, cinema and gallery exhibitions
- Take on real-work creative briefs from the local film community – including Luton Culture and Clearhead Productions – as well as our in-house agency Media Junction
- Develop key transferable skills such as critical and analytical thinking
Real world learning has been written into the core curriculum of the degree at all levels. At level 4 it will be `like real world, but at level 5 students will be required to take part in projects with live briefs as part of the Freelancer unit.At level 6 real world elements include a live pitch to Industry professionals at the start of the Major project, professional practice throughout, and the `degree showcase which students will put on as the culmination of their major project and to which industry personnel and employers will be invited. Industry speakers will be part of learning at all levels.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>