This specialist course aims to provide you with the essential knowledge required to succeed in today’s highly competitive and dynamic world of finance and investment.
This course will interest you if:
- You are looking for a career path that requires you to offer sound financial advice that could change someone’s future.
- Want to gain a solid foundation of knowledge and skills in accounting and finance within a financial context.
- Understand the financial world.
Why you should study this course
The Finance and Investment course offers an insight into the world of finance. By studying this course you will have the opportunity to or gain from:
- Recognition of the closeness of the course’s content to professional qualifications, such as the Chartered Financial Analyst Society of the UK’s Investment Management Certificate (IMC). Please refer to the Accreditation and Professional Recognition section of the Overview tab for further information.
- Outstanding facilities including our Trading Floor, currently one of the largest academic trading floors in Europe, featuring 42 dual screen Bloomberg terminals.
- Opportunity to obtain a professional Bloomberg certification (the Bloomberg Market Concept Certificate) through an e-learning course delivered through the Trading Floor (subject to availability).
- Coventry Business School is currently an active member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS). Please see the Memberships section for further information.
- Dedicated employment support team, the Talent Team, to work with you throughout your course. Many of our employment tutors have previously worked in industry and they understand the labour market, the skills employers look for and the processes used by employers to select candidates upon graduation (please note staff are subject to change).
- Opportunity to study for a professional qualification to improve your employability upon graduation, the CISI’s Investment Advice Diploma – with past students receiving a study guide to assist them as part of the course. Subject to additional costs and requirements – for more information please see the Accreditation and Professional Recognition section of the Overview tab.
- Opportunity to gain support with maths and statistics from the university’s sigma centre, which runs drop-in sessions led by experienced academics (subject to availability).