This specialist course aims to provide you with the essential knowledge required to succeed in today’s highly competitive and dynamic world of finance.
This course will interest you if:
- You are looking for a career path that requires an understanding of budgeting and financial administration.
- Want to gain a solid foundation of knowledge and skills in accounting and finance within a financial context.
- Understand the financial world.
Why you should study this course
The Finance course offers an insight into the world of finance. By studying this course you will have the opportunity to:
- Dedicated employment support team, the Talent Team, to work with you throughout your course to offer support and potential future career guidance.
- Coventry Business School is an active member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS). Please refer to the Memberships section for further information.
- Teaching benefits from research and insight from corporate partners, including the regulatory bodies and leading consultancies. Examples include Bloomberg and Fitch Connect.
- Impressive industrial placement opportunities*, which have previously included: Lloyds Banking Group; Mattioli Woods (Pensions and Wealth Management); HM Treasury; Allianz Indonesia; PwC; The Boots Company; and Jaguar Land Rover.
- Opportunity for professional certification of key financial database skills. You will have the opportunity to take the Bloomberg Market Concepts examinations during your first year (subject to availability). Students are expected to pass this assessment in accordance with Bloomberg’s set regulations, and the certificate can help assist your potential future employability as many trading floors around the world are reliant on Bloomberg technology.
- Outstanding facilities include our Trading Floor, which is currently one of the largest academic trading floors in Europe, featuring 42 dual screen Bloomberg terminals.
- Ability to call upon the maths and statistics support offered by the university’s sigma centre, which runs drop-in sessions led by experienced academics (subject to availability).
You will have the opportunity to take part in a number of overseas field trips, some of which have previously been subsidised by the University. In the past, our students have visited universities in China and Malaysia to study alongside students, see how finance is taught internationally, appreciate the issues in different countries and broaden their perspectives. Optional field trips are availble to countries including Malaysia, China, Spain and the Netherlands for all cohorts.
You also have the opportunity to study or work abroad and may be supported by schemes such as Erasmus, Marco Polo and Vasco da Gama. Students have previously participated in tax conferences in Belgium and Holland, where they engaged with students from different countries of the European Union.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>