This Art, Design and Media Foundation Diploma can enable you to explore and experiment across a wide range of creative disciplines.
Additional key points:
- You will have the opportunity to generate exciting work, using our excellent facilities to build your personal independence in developing ideas. You can gain new skills with different materials and techniques, while building a substantial portfolio of work.
- The Foundation Diploma is a one-year, full-time preparatory course to prepare you for studio-based undergraduate Higher Education programmes. We provide broad, balanced and structured teaching to help stimulate your interest in art and design.
- The School of Art and Design is one of the best universities for an employability led curriculum and has an international outreach that supports student growth and design understanding. The Art, Design and Media Foundation allows you to work in spaces alongside inspiring undergraduates and setting your career aspirations early.
- Please note: If you are 18 years of age at the date of enrolment for this course, payment of tuition fees will not be required. For the 2022/2023 intake, this course is currently funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency. Applicants should check our website for the latest information regarding fees before applying or accepting offers. Should these terms change, we would inform all applicants and students as soon as possible.
Why you should study this course
The School of Art and Design at Coventry University has been producing accomplished creative graduates for over 175 years. We have had a successful track record of producing graduates that have made significant contributions to the world of Art and Design. Our Automotive graduates work across the globe influencing transport of the future and social influencer Mr A Singh has thousands of followers and works as a local creative entrepreneur across the Midlands.
External examiners have praised our “inspiring and motivating studio teaching” and “strong tutorial support”. You will have the opportunity to be taught in a professional studio environment alongside undergraduate students, and postgraduate students and staff, many of whom are currently practising artists and designers, who have exhibited nationally and Internationally. You will also have pportunities to take part in overseas study visits. Students have visited major art and design centres in Europe, recently visiting traditional and contemporary art exhibitions from Birmingham to Amsterdam.
You will have the opportunity to access an extensive range of specialist facilities, including, 3D rapid prototyping, clay modelling, film, photography, video, a large digital print bureau, ceramics, a printmaking workroom, screen printing and letterpress studios, all with excellent technical support.
How you’ll learn
In a typical teaching week, you will have approximately 13 ‘contact’ hours of teaching. This includes a combination of:
- medium group teaching: workshops, seminars and lectures
- small group teaching: seminar, critiques and tutorials
- studio practice and bookable workshop access
The contact hours may be made up of a combination of face-to-face teaching, individual and group tutorials, and online activities.
The School of Art and Design often provides opportunities to engage in external or collaborative activities such as competition/Industry briefs and speakers beyond your course studies. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities to support your learning journey.
As an innovative and enterprising institution, the university may seek to utilise emerging technologies within the student experience. For all courses (whether on-campus, blended, or distance learning), the university may deliver certain contact hours and assessments via online technologies and methods.
Your work will be marked according to how well you achieve the various learning outcomes. Coursework is assessed using a variety of methods including: presentations, portfolio reviews, essays, reports, reflective logs, e-journals, blogs, displays and exhibitions.
An estimated percentage breakdown of your final grade assessment is as follows:
- Project work
- You will be graded as pass, merit or distinction
When you’ve completed your foundation diploma, you will have a broad portfolio demonstrating a range of skills. You will have carefully explored your progression options, which will help you to make an informed decision about undergraduate study. You should be more confident and able to work independently in a professional manner in your chosen pathway.
In 2018/19, 97% of our students progressed on to higher level study both at Coventry University and beyond.
International experience opportunities
We attract staff and students from all over the world, which provides a multicultural environment in which you can experience different cultures, approaches, perspectives and opinions. You will have the opportunity to take part in overseas study visits. In the past, students have visited major art and design centres in Europe and North America.
Overseas study visits/International experiences are subject to availability, competitive application, meeting visa requirements and additional costs.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>