Our degree course explores all contexts where graphic design is found such as digital content; interface design; web and social media; editorial design; print and publishing; moving image; visual identity; typography; and graphic illustration.
Working in creative teams, you learn about materials and methods in a cluster which includes Illustration, Animation, and Advertising and Branding Design. You also study studio practice; collaborative enterprise; context and meaning; and professional practice. This winning combination allows you to develop practical design skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively and show entrepreneurship.
We foster a reflective, outward-looking approach to design challenges; for example, by exploring the ways digital media has created new possibilities for producing, distributing and publishing graphic design work. We also believe a sense of responsibility is essential for a contemporary designer so ethics, sustainability and inclusion are fundamental themes running through the course’s context and debate.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Study in small, lively and committed groups, in spacious, well-equipped studios
- Gain a solid knowledge of the cultural, critical and creative contexts of contemporary practice including how social media has transformed the role of the graphic designer
- Work on live briefs, submit for national competitions and participate in collaborative projects with leading design practitioners
- Learn the team skills required for exhibition curation and group collaborations
- Understand the standards you’ll need to reach to enter the world of professional employment
- Take the course over four years and benefit from a fee-free year in industry (see below), gaining experience and making contacts for the future
- If you need a step-up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year (see below) which guarantees entry into the degree course on completion
Employability skills are integrated into the course and provide you with an awareness of the real-world context of the creative industries in general and Graphic Design in particular. You will be helped to develop a strategy for obtaining appropriate employment at the end of your course.
Professional practice will be emphasised as part of all learning units but a work-related learning unit especially will help you to become more focused on managing your career.
You will be helped with the preparation of a professional portfolio; including a CV and social media skills needed to promote yourself in the art and design world.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>