This course is for both recent graduates and those with work experience wishing to start their own business or develop enterprising skills for larger organisations. It is also designed to produce master’s graduates who are conversant with international business and entrepreneurship, through both practical application and relevant leading-edge theory.
- Global business school
The diverse nature of the staff and student cohort means you will experience and benefit from a truly international learning environment allowing you to identify new opportunities in a range of contexts
- Apply theory in an international context
By embracing two different business approaches, you will gain the ability to identify and exploit opportunities to launch and grow businesses in an international setting thereby enhancing your employability
- Tailor your course depending on your interests
This course offers a carefully selected relevant range of optional modules allowing you to tailor the course to your career aspirations, be that launching a small business or growing an established company
- Excellent student experience
You may also benefit from guest lectures and opportunities through #DMUlocal and #DMUglobal
Structure and assessment
- Accounting for Managers – provides an overview of accounting and finance issues. You will look at company accounts from both the shareholder and the company perspectives.
- Critical Management in a Global Context – provides you with a critical understanding of management and organisations in a global context. The module will be informed by critical management and organisation studies.
- People Management and Organisation – provides you with the skills to conduct and critically analyse organisational development, including its consequences on human resources management (HRM). The relevant theoretical principles and models of change management, HRM and organisational behaviour will be considered and applied in a practical management context using case studies and real-life examples.
- Research Methods – introduces you to the basic elements of research methodology and the complete range of methods suitable for research in finance, accounting and business. It also aims to help you in defining a research topic and the production of a suitable research proposal for your dissertation.
- International Strategic Management, Markets and Resources – explore the integrative nature of strategic management and examine the contrasting perspectives between competitive positioning and the resource-based view of an organisation. You will also evaluate the impact of the external environment on organisational strategy, behaviour and management.
- Business Creation and Innovation – investigates the concepts of enterprise, innovation, small business and their interrelationships from both an entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial standpoint. It aims to provide a guide to the key facts, ideas, theories and thinking about enterprise and innovation. You will look at how to promote and finance small business.
Plus two options from the following*:
- Entrepreneurship and Strategic Decision Making
- Contemporary Business Model Generation
- Creative Action in International Organisations
- Global Supply Chain Management
During the final semester you will complete a:
Dissertation: provides an invaluable opportunity to work in depth on a particular aspect of an international business and entrepreneurship topic of your choice. The topics of the dissertation are chosen in line with your interests and preferences, but mainly look at application of management theory to small firms.
Facilities and features
Hugh Aston Building
You will be taught in the Hugh Aston Building, which was purpose-built at a cost of £35 million.
Facilities also include lecture theatres and classrooms with capacities ranging from 50 to 250 people, break-out spaces for group work, quiet study zones for individual work and a large number of high-spec IT labs, some of which are installed with professional software.
The main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (other than in exceptional circumstances) and offers a huge range of online resources, all of which can be remotely accessed from anywhere you choose.
The library is run by dedicated staff who offer additional support to students, including help with academic writing, research strategies, literature searching and reference management and assistive technology, and mathematical skills for non-maths students. There is also a Just Ask service for help and advice, available via email or telephone.
Our Learning Zones and the The Greenhouse also provide space for group or individual work and study.
There are 1,600 study places across all library locations, more than 700 computer stations, laptops to borrow, free wi-fi and desktop power outlets.
You can also book rooms with plasma screens, laptops and DVD facilities for group work and presentations, secure an individual study room with adjustable lighting or make use of our assistive technology.
Opportunities and careers
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons – helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
Through #DMUglobal, we offer a wide range of opportunities including on-campus and UK activities, overseas study, internships, faculty-led field trips and volunteering, as well as Erasmus+ and international exchanges.
This innovative one year MSc will help graduates wishing to start their own business develop entrepreneurial skills for large businesses, or pursue a career in management or SME development within an international business environment.
You will be encouraged to take part in the Campus Enterprise Opportunities Business Venture Competition, the perfect opportunity for any DMU student, staff member or graduate to turn a business idea into reality.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>