On this programme you will study a wide range of topics as part of the core modules, many of which offer a global outlook to help prepare you for a career in the complex environment of an international business. As part of the course you will study areas including Human Resource Management, Critical Management, and Advertising and Communications. All core modules are designed to give you a broad understanding of the different challenges faced within an international business setting. By educating you on a wide variety of contexts and business models, you can gain the skillset needed to pursue a career in a diverse range of roles.
The course enables you to tailor your studies to your own personal and career interests, with the opportunity to choose from a selection of marketing-focused modules. All of these modules are designed to develop your skills in identifying and implementing strategic plans in specific areas of marketing.
- You will be taught by expert academics with first-hand experience of researching or working in marketing and business areas.
- During the programme you will have the opportunity to attend guest lectures from prominent industry professionals, who will help to enhance your learning through delivering their own personal experiences and knowledge.
- Part of your assessment will be to participate in a state-of-the-art, computer driven business simulation exercise, which will help you to apply many aspects of your learning and development to a real-world scenario.
- This course offers a range of relevant optional modules for you to choose from, allowing you to tailor your learning to your career aspirations, whether that includes launching your own business or helping to grow an established company.
Structure and assessment
- People Management and Organisation – provides you with the skills to conduct and critically analyse organisational development, including its consequences on human resources management (HRM). The relevant theoretical principles and models of change management, HRM and organisational behaviour will be considered and applied in a practical management context using case studies and real-life examples.
- Critical Management in a Global Context – provides you with a critical understanding of management and organisations in a global context. The module will be informed by critical management and organisation studies.
- Research Methods – introduces you to the basic elements of research methodology and the complete range of methods suitable for research in finance, accounting and business. It also aims to help you in defining a research topic and the production of a suitable research proposal for your dissertation.
- Managing Advertising and Communications – this module focuses on one particular area of the marketing mix. This is most frequently referred to as the promotional mix. Advertising and marketing communications is the means by which organisations communicate with their publics and target audiences at product and corporate levels. It applies to all types of organisations – fast moving consumer goods, services, industrial and business-to-business, charity and other not-for-profit organisations. The module also requires students to adopt an essentially practical stance in marketing communications problem solving and application. Students are given the opportunity to play the role of marketing communications executives in determining, producing and defending the development of campaign plans in response to marketing communications problems and briefs.
- International Marketing – the module is designed to develop knowledge and understanding of the international marketing environment and an appreciation of what is involved in the design of global marketing programmes and the management of the global marketing process. Additionally it is designed to enable students to apply their knowledge through the analysis of case material, the oral and written presentation of a marketing report and to develop confidence in decision making and communication of ideas.
- International Strategic Management, Markets and Resources
Plus two options from the following*:
- Managing Customer and Client Experience
- Strategic Customer Engagement
- Consumer Culture and Behaviour
- Managing Across International Borders
Dissertation – You must undertake a dissertation, providing an invaluable opportunity to work in depth on an element international business and marketing of your choice. The dissertation topic is chosen in line with your interests and preferences.
Note: All modules are subject to change in order to keep content current.
*The running of certain modules will be subject to student demand.
Facilities and features
Hugh Aston Building
You will be taught in the Hugh Aston Building, which was purpose-built at a cost of £35 million.
Facilities also include lecture theatres and classrooms with capacities ranging from 50 to 250 people, break-out spaces for group work, quiet study zones for individual work and a large number of high-spec IT labs, some of which are installed with professional software.
The main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (other than in exceptional circumstances) and offers a huge range of online resources, all of which can be remotely accessed from anywhere you choose.
The library is run by dedicated staff who offer additional support to students, including help with academic writing, research strategies, literature searching and reference management and assistive technology, and mathematical skills for non-maths students. There is also a Just Ask service for help and advice, available via email or telephone.
Our Learning Zones and the The Greenhouse also provide space for group or individual work and study.
There are 1,600 study places across all library locations, more than 700 computer stations, laptops to borrow, free wi-fi and desktop power outlets.
You can also book rooms with plasma screens, laptops and DVD facilities for group work and presentations, secure an individual study room with adjustable lighting or make use of our assistive technology.
Opportunities and careers
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons – helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
Through #DMUglobal, we offer a wide range of opportunities including on-campus and UK activities, overseas study, internships, faculty-led field trips and volunteering, as well as Erasmus+ and international exchanges.
Enhance your existing qualifications and career prospects with a specialist focus on marketing in an international context.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>