Keen to carve a career in business management? Interested in business on a international scale? This could be the course for you.
Our International Business Management course aims to develop your knowledge and skills across a broad range of management disciplines, with a focus on the development of an accurate understanding of different international business contexts.
The course is designed to:
- reflect the changes in a modern business environment where businesses increasingly operate in a global market place, distributing products and services across nations and continents.
- develop your experience of countries and cultures.
- provide the opportunity to study abroad or on a placement year so you can experience what it is like to study and work in a different country or environment, whilst developing your language skills and improving your potential future career prospects.
Worldwide financial networks and disappearing economic boundaries have allowed far greater freedom of sales, marketing, manufacturing and outsourcing. While growing distribution networks, supply chains and transportation hubs have simplified the movement of products.
In a complex, fast-paced environment where businesses service customers throughout the world, success requires specialist knowledge of the cultural, political, geographical and socioeconomic factors that influence business practices.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the external forces which affect business decisions, such as fall or rise of interest rates. We’ll also discuss some of the biggest challenges and issues international businesses now face, such as market uncertainties and political issues.
Throughout your studies, we integrate the six PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education) principles, internationally recognised for adaption and change, through the study of concepts like corporate and social responsibility (CSR), sustainable trading and good corporate citizenship.
Why you should study this course
Understanding international business operations is increasingly important for today’s business graduates. Many of the products we purchase today have gone through complex international journeys to be sold and distributed in the UK. This course aims to develop understanding of these journeys and of international business on a wider scale.
The International Business Management course aims to:
- develop your knowledge and practical skills so as to understand the international business environment, business strategy and the key functions of business organisations.
- focus on building essential management skills, in areas such as leadership and management, global markets and entry strategies and marketing, to name just a few; all considered from an international perspective.
- offer a multicultural learning experience – you could be studying alongside staff and students from a range of nationalities. You will also be taught by current staff with significant experience of the business world, who have worked as directors and consultants for many large multinational companies in countries including Singapore, China and Korea (please note staff are subject to change).
- expose you to international business practices through visiting lectures, guest speakers (subject to availability) and real-life case studies on companies which have previously included Dell, DHL, Air France/KLM, and General Electric. You will also have the chance to collaborate on projects with international students from universities located in different countries (e.g. France, Malaysia, Belgium, Kazakhstan) as part of several online international learning experiences, while there is also the opportunity to apply to spend a semester of your second year studying at our partner, Toulouse Business School**.
- encourage you to think strategically from the outset and develop the practical skills needed to initiate and implement complex international business projects. For example, you may find yourself working on real-life projects for businesses in and around Coventry (subject to availability and additional costs may apply), or on simulations in our Business Simulation Suite, which has been designed to help you explore the skills needed for a potential future career in business.
International experience opportunities
This course is international in nature drawing on business practice and real-life case studies from all over the world. You will be taught by international business leaders from across the world, who are invited as guest lecturers on modules to share their knowledge and experience. Furthermore, the international experience of the course team means you will benefit from the experience of lecturers on business operations from Asia, Middle East, Europe, Africa to mention but a few. You will also be able to collaborate with students from other international universities on online international learning (OIL) projects.
The sandwich year can be spent overseas and we currently have links with institutions across Europe, Asia and America. If you intend to go to a non-English speaking country, you will be expected to take basic language subjects in the intended country’s language but the majority of our partners in non-English speaking countries offer tuition in English.
As a successful graduate you will enter the job market with the advantage of having shown that you can work/ study and live in a different country successfully, as well as having a business degree.
Globalisation has brought about an increasing ‚connectedness’ of businesses, markets, people and information throughout the world. Today, business careers will often span many borders and cultures.
This degree not only provides extensive exposure to how business operates in widely different international markets, but also enables you to begin to develop a wide network of professionals and peers from across the globe.
Graduates of our international business courses have found employment positions within generalist HR, general management, specialist pay and reward, people development and employee relations roles.
Coventry University is committed to preparing you for your future career and giving you a competitive edge in the graduate job market. The University’s Careers and Employability team provide a wide range of support services to help you plan and prepare for your career.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>