The BA Hons International Fashion Business course is designed to produce future fashion business professionals who have a broad understanding of the world of fashion, who understand how to cultivate innovation and who take a collaborative approach to drive the global fashion industry forward with a new, responsible directive.
This course will interest you if:
- You are looking for a course where the curriculum focuses on innovation in fashion global arenas: marketing, sustainability, trend forecasting, data analytics in business environments, operational strategies – including digital branding, entrepreneurship, and organisational development.
- You are looking for a course that has an emphasises on engagement with international partners and an array of industry experts, aiming to create opportunities for internships and graduate employment.
- A course that is designed to nurture individual creativity, business acumen and future employability aspirations and goals.
This course will offer students the opportunity to develop an understanding of the different roles in the fashion industry from trend analysis and prediction, through to the design, manufacture and the retail of products, and the role of marketing to the global consumer.
The experience of working alongside Fashion Design students in Coventry for the first two years of the course, and in partnership in their final year, will give students a real insight in to the role of the fashion designer in the industry.
Why you should study this course
The BA (Hons) International Fashion Business course is designed to offer you an opportunity to study international fashion business in a creative environment for students, with a range of ambitions and interests in fashion who do not, however, aspire to be fashion designers.
A unique aspect of this new course is that it will be delivered at Coventry University in Coventry’s city-centre for the first two years and at Coventry University’s London campus for the final year. This will provide you with an opportunity to study for two years in Coventry alongside the BA (Hons) Fashion students on a range of joint projects such as The Clothes Show Live and ReFreshed UnLtd, which offer opportunities for you to be involved in marketing and PR for ‘live’ events and real clients, before moving to London to study for your final year.
The International Fashion Business BA (Hons) course at Coventry University is designed to appeal to you if you are passionate about fashion business and want to explore and develop the creative and intellectual skills you need for the fast-paced and highly dynamic fashion industry.
The future fashion business graduate will need a broad understanding of the world around them. You will need to understand about cultivating innovation and collaborative approaches to drive the global fashion industry forward with a new responsible directive. The course nurtures individual creativity, business acumen and future employability aspirations and goals. Students on this course will benefit from collaborating with art and design students. This will help them to build relevant networks and understand the myriad nature of disciplines embedded in art and design cultures and industries.
How you’ll learn
In a typical teaching week, you will have approximately 13 ‘contact’ hours of teaching. This includes a combination of:
- medium group teaching: workshops , seminars and lectures
- small group teaching: seminar, critiques and tutorials
- studio practice and bookable workshop access
- The contact hours may be made up of a combination of face-to-face teaching, individual and group tutorials, and online activities.
The School of Art and Design often provides opportunities to engage in external or collaborative activities such as competition/industry briefs and speakers beyond your course studies. We encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities to support your learning journey.
The course can be studied full-time over three years. You can extend your studies by a year by undertaking a Professional Placement or Study Abroad Year.
This course is essentially studio-based, but we encourage you to use some of our specialist digital and media resources, or engage in offsite projects.
This course will be assessed using a variety of methods which may vary depending upon the module concerned. Assessment methods include exams, practical coursework, essays/reports, presentations, individual assignments and/or group work elements.
This course is predominantly assessed by coursework.
On successful completion of this course you should:
- Demonstrate innovation, aesthetic sensibility, creativity, and entrepreneurial skills relevant to generating new products, service excellence, and driving responsible organisations within a global fashion context.
- Navigate, retrieve, and manage information and experiences to make independent judgements and apply solutions to complex problems within a global fashion context.
- Formulate effective ideas, proposals and solutions independently and or collaboratively, within a fashion context.
- Critically analyse and evaluate historical, cultural, ethical, and commercial aspects of the global fashion industry to distinguish drivers of change and areas of growth.
- Demonstrate personal effectiveness in the delivery of interpersonal skills, pertaining to digital literacy, verbal and written communication, self- reflection, self-analysis, and an intercultural awareness to diversity in terms of people, and societies.
- Demonstrate a sophisticated breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding on how organisations manage business models and frameworks responsibly in relation to ethical, social, cultural, economic, and environmental issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically consider and evaluate sustainable and technological approaches toward the management of resources, the supply chain, procurement, logistics, outsourcing and quality systems within the global the fashion system.
International experience opportunities
The course is designed to enable you to prepare to work in the global fashion industry, in the areas of brand management, design and product development, production, retail, buying and merchandising, online and traditional channels, PR, HR / personnel, finance, general operations and senior management. Alternatively, you may choose to go on to further study and to apply for courses such as the MBA International Fashion Management at Coventry University London.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake a Professional Enhancement or International Enhancement Year. The ‘with International Enhancement’ route allows students to spend a year on a study or placement abroad ‘with Professional Enhancement’ allows students to undertake a placement in the UK or abroad.
Please note that we are unable to guarantee any placement, internships, international or study abroad opportunities and that any such opportunities referred to on this webpage may be subject to additional costs (e.g. travel, visas and accommodation etc.), competitive application, availability and/or meeting any applicable visa requirements. To ensure that you fully understand the requirements in this regard, please contact the International Office for further details if you are an EU or International student.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>