This course offers a structured and integrated approach to studying international finance and banking beginning with a comprehensive understanding of the economic and business environment in which finance professionals operate, through to the application of technical and strategic concepts and frameworks. It provides an introduction to the theory of financial markets with an emphasis on corporate governance and financial regulation.
Examine the role accountancy plays in corporate behaviour and look at how financial intermediation can best be regulated. Explore regulation and risk management to see how traders manage risk, how share prices are determined, and what makes global financial markets crash.
A cross-disciplinary qualification in international finance and banking is a gateway to a range of professional careers in finance, banking and insurance. The organisations you can work for range through financial institutions, small and large private sector companies, local and international not-for-profit organisations.
Embedded within the course are personal development and employability skills to enhance your CV and ensure you can demonstrate to potential employers that you are ready for a graduate position.
Graduates of the course can claim ACCA and AIA exemptions on a paper per paper basis.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn from a team of highly qualified researchers and practitioners in international finance, with additional opportunities to visit the Bank of England
- Study banking and intermediation, risk management, financial markets and institutions, financial regulation and corporate governance, financial accounting and performance advances in banking
- Develop your understanding of theory of financial markets, and the role they play in the macro-economy
- Gain skills and knowledge needed to enter a wide range of international finance-related careers including financial services, banking, insurance and financial advice
- Challenge yourself with a dissertation in your final year, on a topic of your choice
- Benefit from a course from which graduates typically progress to careers in banking, accountancy, corporate governance, regulation, insurance and international finance or into further study opportunities
The globalisation of financial markets and deregulation and technological advances in banking have brought an increasing demand for careers in the financial and banking sectors. The BSc (Hons) International Finance and Banking degree is seldom offered at undergraduate level so graduating from this course places you in a strong position in the graduate job market.
First year students study in the Business Pod, which are our innovative practice-based first year units. This unit will set International Finance and Banking in a real business world setting and will give you the chance to work with students in other business-related courses.
You will meet staff from our business partners, who will set practical and real life business questions for you to answer. During your three years’ study, you will learn a wide range of subjects in International Finance, Banking, Economics, Financial Management and Project Management. This unique type of integrated cross-disciplinary learning further improves your employability that diverse financial institutions need.
Graduates of the course can claim ACCA exemptions on a paper per paper basis. The department will negotiate with other professional bodies in order to obtain exemptions from them.
Students completing the course will have the skills and the knowledge to enter a wide range of international finance related careers. This might include any branch of financial services, banking, insurance and financial advice.
The course will form an excellent basis for further study on our MSc International Finance and Banking, MSc Accounting and Business Finance or MSc Economics of International Business. The approval awarded by the professional institutes will encourage professional study.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>