*This course is subject to validation*
Reasons to study International Nursing and Leadership at De Montfort University:
This newly developed programme, with a focus on leadership and global health challenges, has been designed to meet the needs of overseas nurses who have demonstrated excellence in their field and have an aspiration to lead healthcare services in the future.
The topics covered in this programme include research methods for healthcare professionals; leadership in contemporary healthcare; health promotion and public health; leadership in practise and global challenges to healthcare. Studying each of these subjects will equip students with the knowledge and skills required to undertake an independent dissertation, supported by our experienced academic supervisory team, on a topic of the student’s choice related to leadership and nursing.
- Enhance your career in the international healthcare industry
with a course specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage and lead
- Learn in an environment with over 50 years of nursing experience
and study in one of the fastest growing international communities in the UK
- Broaden your understanding of the global challenges facing nursing and nurse leaders
and develop insights into other healthcare systems
- Develop invaluable skills
that could enhance healthcare services and patient care in your home country
- Undertake research, supervised by an experienced academic supervisor
- DMU is a university ranked Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF),
the only Government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education. [ Office for Students, 2017]
Structure and assessment
- Research methods for healthcare professionals: this module will introduce students to all aspects of the research process, with the assessment being a research proposal that they will be encouraged to take forward in semester as the dissertation
- Leadership in contemporary healthcare: this module focusses on the role of leaders in change management
- Health promotion and public health: this level-6 module is shared with other students and focusses on health promotion and public health
- Leadership in practise: This module will expose students to leaders in healthcare in order to support their theoretical learning, which they will write up as a case study
- Advancing Health and professional practice through independent Study: In this module students explore an issue relating to health and professional practice as independent study, supported by an academic supervisor
- Global challenges to healthcare: This module focusses on the challenges facing global healthcare
- Dissertation: In this module students will undertake their primary research, supported by an academic supervisor and produce a final dissertation
Facilities and features
Health and Life Sciences
Investment of £12 million in Health and Life Sciences has developed our first-class teaching and learning facilities to help you develop your practical experience and theoretical knowledge beyond the classroom.
We have 1,500 study places and 650 computer workstations across four sites on campus.
During term time the main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, giving access to more than half a million publications and a wide range of DVDs, as well as e-resources and thousands of electronic journals. Award-winning staff are on hand to help and there is a café for study breaks.
We offer a range of workshops, drop-ins and one-to-one sessions, plus our Just Ask service provides email or telephone support.
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons – helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
Through #DMUglobal, we offer a wide range of opportunities including on-campus and UK activities, overseas study, internships, faculty-led field trips and volunteering, as well as Erasmus+ and international exchanges.
Opportunities and careers
As part of the university’s commitment to enhancing the personal and career development of our graduates. We offer an Alumni scholarship programme. For more information visit Health and Life Sciences Alumni Scholarships >
Graduates of the MSc International Nursing and Leadership programme will develop the knowledge and skills required to enable them to pursue their future careers in senior positions in healthcare.