This programme focuses on leadership and responding to global health challenges. It has been designed to meet the needs of overseas nurses who have demonstrated excellence in their field and have an aspiration to lead healthcare services in the future.
The topics you’ll study on this course include research methods for health professionals, leadership in contemporary healthcare, health promotion and public health, leadership in practise, and global approaches to healthcare. Studying each of these subjects will help equip you with the knowledge and skills to undertake an independent dissertation, on a topic of your choice, related to leadership and nursing, supported by our experienced academic supervisory team.
Expertise in the programme team includes leadership, organisation development, and methodological expertise including systematic review with significant contributions to Cochrane, the leading journal and database for systematic reviews in healthcare.
Graduates of the International Nursing and Leadership programme will develop the knowledge and skills required to pursue their future careers in senior positions in healthcare.
- Enhance your career in the international healthcare industry with a course specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage and lead
- Learn in an institution with more than 50 years of nursing experience and study in one of the fastest growing international communities in the UK
- Broaden your understanding of the global challenges facing nursing and nurse leaders, and develop insights into other healthcare systems
- Develop invaluable skills to enhance healthcare services and patient care in your home country
- Be taught by a team with experience in qualitative approaches and inter-professional working. You’ll learn from experts in the field, with areas of research expertise including family history of coronary heart disease, reducing health inequalities among patients with long-term illnesses in society and childhood asthma.
- Undertake research supervised by an experienced academic supervisor.
Structure and assessment
- Research methods for healthcare professionals: this module will introduce students to all aspects of the research process, with the assessment being a research proposal that they will be encouraged to take forward in semester as the dissertation
- Leadership in contemporary healthcare: this module focusses on the role of leaders in change management
- Health promotion and public health: this level-6 module is shared with other students and focusses on health promotion and public health
- Leadership in practise: This module will expose students to leaders in healthcare in order to support their theoretical learning, which they will write up as a case study
- Advancing Health and professional practice through independent Study: In this module students explore an issue relating to health and professional practice as independent study, supported by an academic supervisor
- Global challenges to healthcare: This module focusses on the challenges facing global healthcare
- Dissertation: In this module students will undertake their primary research, supported by an academic supervisor and produce a final dissertation
Facilities and features
Health and Life Sciences
Investment of £12 million in Health and Life Sciences has developed our first-class teaching and learning facilities to help you develop your practical experience and theoretical knowledge beyond the classroom.
We have 1,500 study places and 650 computer workstations across four sites on campus.
During term time the main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, giving access to more than half a million publications and a wide range of DVDs, as well as e-resources and thousands of electronic journals. Award-winning staff are on hand to help and there is a café for study breaks.
We offer a range of workshops, drop-ins and one-to-one sessions, plus our Just Ask service provides email or telephone support.
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons – helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
Through #DMUglobal, we offer a wide range of opportunities including on-campus and UK activities, overseas study, internships, faculty-led field trips and volunteering, as well as Erasmus+ and international exchanges.
Opportunities and careers
As part of the university’s commitment to enhancing the personal and career development of our graduates. We offer an Alumni scholarship programme. For more information visit Health and Life Sciences Alumni Scholarships >
Graduates of the MSc International Nursing and Leadership programme will develop the knowledge and skills required to enable them to pursue their future careers in senior positions in healthcare.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>