Open doors to a vast range of careers in the rapidly growing tourism industry – from airlines to hotels, business and conference centres to eco-tourism destinations, the possibilities are almost endless.
This International Tourism Management course offers a sandwich year placement in the UK or abroad, giving you the chance to explore potential careers.
Your studies will focus on global issues such as the development and management of sustainable tourism and some of the most pressing issues in international tourism management, including the impact of new technology on travel, tourism and mobility, the environmental, economic and social impacts of tourism.
You will enjoy field trips to tourist destinations or attractions, and an opportunity to specialise in visitor attractions, air transport, sports tourism or events management.
The University of Bedfordshire is a member of The Association for Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE). ATHE is the subject association for tourism in higher education in the UK. It represents universities that are leading providers of tourism programmes
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn the skills needed to enter careers in a wide range of UK or international tourism management settings
- Study theory and practice in difference branches of tourism, including visitor attractions, air transport, heritage and sustainable tourism
- Develop your understanding of the industry, with a final year work placement in the UK or abroad, with the opportunity to develop additional foreign language skills
- Gain knowledge of strategic management of tourism-related businesses
- Explore a range of potential career options with companies like tour operators, destination management companies, airlines and major hotel chains
- Benefit from a course that opens up diverse career opportunities in a fast-growing industry, including in international tourism development, tour operations, air transport management, destination management, business development and marketing, as well as a range of further study opportunities.
The teaching strategy will help to develop your employability skill by involving you in the application of concepts in industry-related scenarios and practice-based experiences. In this way, you will develop and apply the skills necessary to work in the international tourism industry. The distinctiveness of the course is reflected in the practice-based employability initiatives of the Business School, which you will be engaged in throughout your degree programme. These include company visits, talks from people within the industry, workshops and personal advice on developing a good CV, an intensive assessment centre exercise and, at the end of your course, activities to prepare for entering the workplace globally. This course offers a professional practice year opportunity for you to draw upon real life industry practice. In your final year of study you will be able to expand upon your career aspirations by conducting an in depth research project in your area of interest.
Students who register for the degree with professional practice year will additionally attend a series of workshops and activities related to securing a suitable placement and compulsory briefings at the end of year 2 to ensure that all legal requirements for health and safety, safeguarding etc. training have been met. This will be explained more fully in your professional practice handbook once you have registered with the Careers and Employability Services Student Development and Awards Team in your first year. If you will be working with children and/or vulnerable people you will be required to have a DBS check and undertake Safeguarding and Prevent training
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>