This course aims to enable you to develop the necessary skills for, and knowledge, practice and understanding of, the events industry.
You will become a self-directed, self-regulated reflexive learner, using an awareness of opportunities for careers or further study in the event industry.
With a good grounding in business and marketing the course offers students an industry focus in event management with good employment opportunities across a range of roles in both marketing and events e.g. Strategic Event Designer, Trade Show Manager, Events Marketing Communication Managers, Social Media Event Managers, Sporting Events Manager.
This inter-disciplinary course combines key subject areas of business, marketing and event management in a practice-oriented way that allows you to develop a deep theoretical understanding and practical knowledge of events management.
The University of Bedfordshire is a member of The Association for Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE). ATHE is the subject association for tourism in higher education in the UK. It represents universities that are leading providers of tourism programmes.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Benefit from a course that opens up career opportunities as an Event Manager, Festival Organiser/Co-ordinator, Exhibitioner Organiser, Events Marketing Communications Manager or Conference and Events Manager, and offers access to a wide choice of further study.
- Learn essential skills for careers in the events industry, in a department with close links to local cultural, sporting and business organisations.
- Study areas including: event planning and operations; risk and crisis management for events, events and destination marketing, event planning in practice; and marketing communications through a combination of classroom-based learning and fieldwork activities.
- Gain additional insights through field trips to organisations like Luton Town Football Club, Twickenham and Woburn Abbey, and working on annual events hosted by your Department.
- Explore the relevant theory and research areas and learn how to apply them through practice, working on real-life briefs and case studies.
The teaching strategy will help to develop your employability skill by involving you in the application of concepts in industry-related scenarios and practice-based experiences. In this way, you will develop and apply the skills necessary to work in the international tourism and hospitality industry. The distinctiveness of the course is reflected in the practice-based employability initiatives of the Business School, which you will be engaged in throughout your degree programme. These include company visits, talks from people within the industry, workshops and personal advice on developing a good CV, an intensive assessment centre exercise and, at the end of your course, activities to prepare for entering the workplace globally. This course offers a professional practice year opportunity for you to draw upon real life industry practice. In your final year of study you will be able to expand upon your career aspirations by conducting an in depth research project in your area of interest.
Students who register for the degree with professional practice year will additionally attend a series of workshops and activities related to securing a suitable placement and compulsory briefings at the end of year 2 to ensure that all legal requirements for health and safety, safeguarding etc. training have been met. This will be explained more fully in your professional practice handbook once you have registered with the Careers and Employability Services Student Development and Awards Team in your first year. If you will be working with children and/or vulnerable people you will be required to have a DBS check and undertake Safeguarding and Prevent training
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>