On this course you will develop the legal expertise and intellectual understanding to establish yourself in an international practice, academic institution or in a range of other high level roles. Your main focus will be on understanding the complex relationships between business environments and the legal regulatory frameworks in which they operate.
Why choose this course?
- Study legal and regulatory problems through collaborative activities, and investigate the critical application of legal theory to international business
- Explore the inter-relationship between law and business, and take the opportunity to consider and resolve legal and regulatory problems through collaborative activities
- Develop the legal reasoning, analysis, research and independent judgement skills that will enable you to apply theories to a range of business scenarios and provide an effective evaluation of the legal options that apply to the business context
- Gain an understanding of aspects of legal research such as socio-legal studies, the inter-relationship between organisations and stakeholder groups as well as the ethical dimensions that are considered in developing and operating business entities
- Benefit from an appreciation of different jurisdictions and their impact on the global business environment.
The course is placed in the context of advanced intellectual engagement with issues in law and legal theory and supports the critical application of legal theory to the international, business setting.
Taking into consideration the interrelationship between law and business, you will have the opportunity to consider and resolve legal and regulatory problems through collaborative activities.
This course emphasises the applied practical approach of business law and as such looks to the resolution of problems through an examination of differing legal and business perspectives.
The overall educational aim of this course is to enable you to gain an appreciable understanding of the interaction between the business environment and the legal and regulatory frameworks in which business operate.
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Solicitor in England and Wales
- Barrister at Law in England and Wales
- International Finance Institutions and Organisations
- Non-governmental Organisations
- Management consultant
- Corporate financier
- Legal Executive
- Government Legal Adviser
- Civil Service (national and international)
- Legal Practice Course/Bar Vocational Course
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.