The LLM Laws course offers a flexible approach to postgraduate study, where you can tailor the programme to suit your specific needs and career aspirations.
This LLM degree is suitable for individuals already working in the legal sector, as well as those looking to increase their knowledge in this area. Outside of term time you will have the opportunity to volunteer in the University’s Legal Advice Clinic. There you will have the chance to put the knowledge and skills you have gained on the course into practice. The Clinic will allow you to engage directly with the legal profession, and work with a number of reputable law firms.
University of South Wales is a Top 50 Law School, according to Guardian League Tables, and prides itself on its excellent teaching and student support.
What you will study
The LLM Laws degree structure allows you to choose three modules from the following:
- Equality, Rights and Society
- International and Comparative Media Law
- International Family Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Criminal Evidence and Forensics
- Law and Order
- Transnational Criminal Law
- Consumer and Commercial Law
- Corporate Law and Governance
- Independent Study
All students will also study the core modules Law of Obligation, Frameworks of International and European Law and Research methods. Finally, students will complete a written dissertation which is submitted at the end of September in the year following entry onto the degree.
Why Study Law at USW?
There are plenty of reasons why you should consider studying law at the University of South Wales. From first-rate facilities to opportunities for you to put your knowledge into practice and the possibility to work at our Legal Advice Clinic providing advice, delivering client care and engaging with the profession.
- We work with a range of national and local law firms to provide placement opportunities.
- You will be taught by leading experts who use innovative teaching tools and virtual learning environments to share their knowledge and expertise.
- We go the extra mile to support graduate employability; you will be offered the opportunity to get involved in initiatives such as, industry-led guest lectures and employability conferences.
- Law lecturers engage in a variety of research activities which result in the presentation of papers at conferences, the publication of journal articles and textbooks. All our areas of research feed directly into your studies, so you will benefit from a cutting-edge curriculum that is taught by staff who are at the forefront of their subject area. Teaching The LLM is taught through a combination of lectures, workshops, tutorials and self-directed learning. Assessment There are no examinations on this degree; all taught modules are assessed by coursework. During the dissertation stage, which runs from late May until the end of September, you will complete an 18,000-word dissertation under the guidance of an academic supervisor.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>