About the course
You will focus on areas such as the relationship between linguistics and second language learning, the methodology and techniques of language teaching and the appropriateness and development of materials for language teaching and learning purposes. You will also examine various current issues in ELT and have the opportunity to carry out a major piece of individual research on a topic of your interest.
This course is designed for those who are seeking a career as English language teachers, who are native speakers or non-native speakers with a high level of English. It will offer you professional training and development, as it includes observed and assessed teaching practice. Successful completion will mean that you will achieve Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Q status (Q = fully qualified in British Council terms).
Why choose this course?
- The prolific and highly successful Centre for Research in English Language Learning and Assessment (CRELLA) a world-leading research centre in language testing and programme evaluation
- High-quality teaching in our School of Education and English (highly ranked in Student Satisfaction Surveys)
- Invaluable opportunities to gain relevant and practical classroom experience
- Opportunity to gain professional practical experience with a work placement programme
Unit Information – What will I learn?
- Dissertation In Applied Linguistics And Elt (LNG035-6) Compulsory
- Exploring Research: Concepts And Methods (LNG004-6) Compulsory
- Issues In Second Language Acquisitions (LNG020-6) Compulsory
- Materials Development For Language Teaching And Learning (LNG025-6) Compulsory
- Teaching Practice (LNG037-6) Compulsory
- The Language System And Language Teaching (LNG036-6) Compulsory
- The Methodology Of Language Teaching (LNG012-6) Compulsory
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>