About the course
Your own interests will drive the direction of this course as you identify and address the latest theoretical concepts, evidence and research that are relevant to your individual practice.
You will have a rare opportunity to critically appraise and shape new ideas as they emerge, and enhance your understanding of the links between theory, research, evidence and policy development and its application to the design and delivery of services to children and young people.
Intermediate qualifications available:
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
- Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
Why choose this course?
- Study and evaluate relevant research and practice, synthesise information from a range of sources, and work with a high level of autonomy and self-direction
- Explore the cultural and social constructions of childhood and youth, and the impact they have on the everyday lives of children and young people
- Develop an integrated and critically aware understanding of childhood and youth studies, and cultivate an analytical approach to contemporary methodological theories and developments
- Gain an advanced knowledge and understanding of the complexities surrounding the relationship between children’s rights, the ideologies and responsibilities for welfare, and the application of these elements in the experiences that effect children’s and young peoples’ lives.
- Benefit from enhanced career prospects by applying your new learning and expertise in professional contexts.
This MA is designed to allow you to build upon your knowledge and critically consider the theoretical underpinning of societal responses to a range of needs, through policy development and service delivery across children and young people’s sectors in a globalised context.
The majority of units are designed and taught by colleagues within the School of Applied Social Studies or the Institute of Applied Social Research, winners of the 2013 Queen’s Anniversary prize for outstanding achievement and excellence in UK universities and colleges. The departments are recognised for their contribution to policy and practice.
This high quality context is coupled with the opportunities and added value of our extensive professional networks. Partnerships from across private, public and voluntary sectors provide input to courses, as well as research opportunities, placement opportunities and voluntary work experience, making it truly ‘applied’.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>