If directing fiction film and scripted drama is your ambition, this Film Directing Masters degree is an ideal opportunity to develop and hone the skills you have gained as an undergraduate student.
Students on this film directing masters will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience with Bad Wolf (His Dark Materials), working on international drama productions in their Cardiff studio.
You will study in the heart of Cardiff, home to a thriving film and TV industry, including Pinewood Studio Wales and BBC Wales, where shows including Doctor Who and Sherlock are filmed.
Industry masterclasses, guest lectures and an in-depth work experience opportunity at a Wales-based creative company will allow you to build your portfolio and network with industry professionals.
Applicants who are unsure as to which pathway they should apply for are encouraged to contact the course team for an informal discussion before making an application. Should you choose to apply for more than one pathway, your portfolio should demonstrate your interest and experience in each individual area and therefore more than one portfolio may be required.
What you will study
You will study a number of specified modules, and then have the opportunity to specialise in your area of interest.
- Industry Studies – this module will give you an overview of the current film & TV production landscape in Wales, UK and beyond
- Specialist Craft Practice/Advanced Specialist Craft Practice – this module will allow you to develop their skills to industry standard in one key area of expertise
- Industry Placement – you will undertake a four-week, in-depth placement with a key Wales-based production company
- Collaborative Practice – this module will give you the opportunity to collaborate with fellow students from across the course and Faculty of Creative Industries on a short film
- Production Project– you will work with industry professionals, practitioners, staff and fellow students from across USW on a substantial film project, utilising your chosen craft skill
Students on the MA Film course will be taught via a mix of workshops, seminars, lectures and tutorials, as well as guest lectures and masterclasses from industry professionals.
Assessment will be via a series of practical assessments based around live briefs and production projects (70%), combined with written reflections and critical analysis of students’ work (30%).
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>