About the Course
This course is designed for recent graduates who are looking to develop their career in physical education teaching or youth sport coaching.
It will support you in developing the knowledge and skills required to progress to teacher education and/or higher-level employment. It will deepen your critical understanding of the issues facing professionals in physical education and sport settings.
The course undertakes a research-informed and practice-based theory approach. Many of the units require you to draw on observations and activities in work-related environments in order to link experience and theoretical learning.
MA Physical Education and Sport (Pedagogy) is a rigorously designed and intellectually demanding professional education and development programme.
It is studied in order to become a more effective and reflective teacher or coach in school, club and other community settings. Each unit is grounded in the most recent developments in research on physical education, sport pedagogy and youth sport, and draws on your practical experience.
We use intensive, compressed teaching time combined with flexible off-site guided learning to fit around your work in a school or youth sport setting.
This course will also provide the advanced knowledge and research training required for direct access to higher degrees by research (MPhil/ PhD).
Why choose this course?
- Study in a supportive environment, on a course covering a unique combination of topics designed to integrate research with current physical education policy and practice
- Develop an advanced and critical understanding of pedagogy and practice for social justice and youth voice; sport and education policy; action research; and public health concerns in physical education and youth sport environments
- Gain the necessary personal competencies, applied practical skill-sets and subject expertise to become a theoretically informed and reflective practitioner
- Gain a grounding in the theoretical study of physical education and sport pedagogy in your practical workplace experience.
- Develop your personal and professional network and benefit from our links with schools, Sport England, Governing Bodies, and Active Partnerships
- Receive support from peer mentors who are studying on our MA Physical Education and Sport (Leadership) course
- Exchange knowledge with aspiring graduates in sport, physical activity and health industries/institutions by attending units that will also include students from our other MA and MSc courses.
- Gain experience of working with young people, practitioners and employers to investigate and analyse real problems and develop the ability to develop innovative solutions
- Undertake a semester long research project on a chosen topic, working in a physical education, sport or physical activity environment of your choice
- Study using range of learning activities including lectures, seminars, practicals, problem-based-learning and tutorials
- Learn from a team who have a wide range of academic expertise and experience in specific subject areas including critical pedagogy, youth voice, models-based practice, policy, leadership, and the sociology of sport.
- Gain insights from experts through the seminar series coordinated by the Institute of Sport and Physical Activity Research (ISPAR)
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>