This intellectually demanding professional development MA is designed to support you in becoming a more reflective teacher or youth/ community/performance sports coach, using intensive, compressed teaching time combined with flexible off-site guided learning to fit around your work in a school or youth sport setting.
It is research-led and research-informed, taught by world-leading academics, grounding the theoretical study of physical education and sport pedagogy in your practical workplace experience.
Why choose this course?
- Study in a supportive and innovative environment, on a course covering a unique combination of topics designed to integrate with current physical education policy
- Explore opportunities to contribute in an enterprising and creative way to the field and practice of physical education and sport pedagogy
- Develop a high level of understanding of physical education practice and policy providing you with a basis for life-long learning and successful career development in your chosen professional area of physical education and sport pedagogy
- Gain from studying with staff with impressive backgrounds with nationally and internationally recognised research interests, as well as access to state-of-the-art facilities
- Benefit from a course designed to prepare you to work in a range of sport or education contexts, including physical education teaching; sports coaching (elite, performance, development and/or community); physical education teacher education; sport development or educational research and/or continue to further research-based study on MSc by research, MPhil or PhD programmes.
The course is designed around compressed, intensive contact days at the University and flexible off-site guided learning. This design allows you to gain the necessary experience to apply the theoretical concepts you are examining during your studies in an applied and contextualised manner while also allowing you to gain appropriate experience.
The course is designed to prepare you for work in sport or education sectors. Within these sectors we apply knowledge to a variety of contexts including physical education teaching; sports coaching (elite, performance, development and/or community); physical education teacher education; sport development; educational research.
This course will provide the advanced knowledge and research training required for direct access to higher degrees by research (MPhil/ PhD).