About the Course
This course is designed for early career professionals who are looking to enhance their career in the industry. It will support you in developing the knowledge and skills required to further your career in the sector.
It will deepen your critical understanding of the issues facing sport and physical activity both in the UK and around the world.
Taking a practical, research based approach, the course will give you the opportunity to analyse examples of best practice, develop understanding of the latest leadership techniques and undertake research into an industry based project of your choice.
As a global industry, sport and physical activity offers opportunities all over the world. For those ambitious, current industry professionals who are looking to enhance their career and take the first step into a sport and physical activity leadership position, this is the course for you.
Why choose this course?
- Develop an advanced understanding of executive leadership and consider its application to organisations in sport and physical activity
- Reflect upon current approaches to organisational leadership in order to develop and implement new, creative and innovative approaches that engage people into sport and physical activity participation
- Gain the necessary personal competencies and subject expertise to become a theoretically informed reflective practitioner
- Benefit from our links with Sport England, Governing Bodies, Active Partnerships, employers and European Partners to further develop your personal and professional network
- Use your employment setting to investigate and analyse real industry problems and develop your ability to develop solutions
- Undertake a semester long research project on a topic of your choice within your employed environment
- Study using range of learning activities, including lectures, seminars, online learning, action learning and tutorials
- Learn from a team who have a wide range of expertise and experience in specific subject areas such as sport, leisure and physical activity
- Gain insights from industry experts through the seminar series coordinated by the Institute of Sport and Physical Activity Research (ISPAR)
Unit Information – What will I learn?
- Behavioural Science And Public Health (SPO060-6) Compulsory
- Contemporary Sports Policy (SPO062-6) Compulsory
- Critical Issues In Sport And Physical Activity (SPO065-6) Compulsory
- Leadership Principles And Practice (SPO063-6) Compulsory
- Reflection And Biography For Sport Leaders (SPO066-6) Compulsory
- Research Methods For Sport, Physical Activity And Education (SPO067-6) Compulsory
- Sport And Physical Activity Leadership (SPO064-6) Compulsory
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>