Are you interested in e-business and how it works in the business environment? It’s a competitive marketplace with more companies selling online than ever before. E-business is booming and one of the fastest growing professions in the world. With no geographical boundaries it means you can work anywhere across the globe too and be part of this exciting and rapidly evolving business.
The MSc Management (e-Business) at Swansea University will give you an intensive focus on business information systems, covering topics such as information systems management, and e-commerce.
You will also learn about management in an interconnected global community as well as core management concepts such as managing financial resources, operations management, human resource management and marketing management to give you a solid grounding in a range of dynamic business principles.
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence, the course is open to students from any discipline who would like to work in business or management. Once you have graduated you will receive a CMI level 7 certificate.
We know it’s a competitive world out there. To help you get the best from your studies and get ahead of the competition, the programme also includes an academic skills module that covers issues such as research methods.
WHY MANAGEMENT (E-BUSINESS) AT SWANSEA?
- Open to applicants with no existing experience of business or management related subjects
- Business Management is ranked in the UK Top 30 for Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide 2018)
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have industrial and academic knowledge
- Professional body accreditation, which can help to accelerate your career
- Swansea University was voted What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner -Postgraduate study
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact – 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the new Bay campus
YOUR MANAGEMENT (E-BUSINESS) EXPERIENCE
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
You will have unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team. You can go on a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or the Week of Work initiative.
We have strong links with a range of high-profile organisations including Dell and Ernst and Young.
All our students benefit from co-location with industry at the innovative Bay Campus, working alongside companies such as Fujitsu, in facilities that boast dedicated teaching space and study areas, and extensive IT facilities equipped with the latest hardware and specialist software.
MANAGEMENT (E-BUSINESS) EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies.
Your Management (e-Business) programme, with its CMI accreditation, will give you the opportunities to work across a wide range of sectors and thrive within this competitive market.
Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- E-Business Manager
- Business Analyst
- Management Consultant