Reasons to study Marketing Management at DMU:
This is a career entry specialist master’s degree for students with no previous qualifications or work experience in marketing. If you have previous marketing qualifications or experience you should consider our Strategic & Digital Marketing MSc.
Many applicants use this as a career entry, or career change, course and come from more general business backgrounds or from other disciplines i.e. finance, the arts, computing, engineering and architecture.
- Learn about the latest developments in marketing
Gain the knowledge to understand the key marketing issues facing organisations and to embark on a career in marketing communications
- Design your course
Tailor the course to your career aspirations by choosing from a range of modules
- Personal and professional development
You will have the opportunity to develop both personally and professionally, which will help you to succeed in any marketing position, and in a wider lifelong learning framework
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). This means that while you are studying for your qualification, you also have the opportunity to work towards achieving the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing. An enhanced qualification that is sought after by employers.
Structure and assessment
This course is grounded in the latest theory and also has a strong practical element. There will be many chances to apply your knowledge and develop the advanced skills that will help you to enjoy a successful marketing career.
The content of the modules reflects the changing marketing landscape. For example, developments in social and digital media are embedded throughout the programme and are integral to certain modules such as Direct and Digital Marketing and Strategic e-Marketing.
Other key themes of the programme include: insight management, innovation and entrepreneurship, project management, customer management, campaign planning, paid, owned and earned media planning, marketing metrics, working with agencies and international marketing perspectives.
- Marketing Theory and Practice – an introduction to the key areas of marketing, building the foundation for further study – this module guides you through the fundamentals of marketing and examines how they are applied in practice.
- Managing Advertising and Communications – provides a thorough grounding in all aspects of promotional activity, especially integrated marketing communications and the development and management of advertising campaigns.
- Marketing Research in Practice – shows how marketing decision making is supported by detailed marketing information and the techniques employed to gather and assess that information.
- Accounting for Managers – provides an overview of accounting and finance issues. You will look at company accounts from both the shareholder and the company perspectives.
- Strategic Customer Engagement – recently marketing has experienced a shift, one that recognises that consumers are no longer passive recipients of organisational strategies, but rather, increasingly demand interactivity. Technological advancements have played a central role in this shift. This module will give you an understanding of the key principles of profitable customer management in this new environment, with particular emphasis on memorable customer experience and customer engagement.
- Research Methods for Marketers – develops research and analysis skills for an in-depth understanding of markets in preparation for the marketing analysis project.
You will choose one further elective modules. The following are typical of the elective modules offered:
- Advanced Marketing Analytics
- Direct and Digital Marketing
- Strategic E-marketing
- Creative Brand Strategy
During the final semester you will complete a:
Dissertation: provides an invaluable opportunity to work in depth on a particular aspect of an international business and entrepreneurship topic of your choice. The topics of the dissertation are chosen in line with your interests and preferences, but mainly look at application of management theory to small firms.
Business Research Project (BRP): is an individual enterprise consultancy project that serves as a commercially and employability relevant experience. The BRP is a live project where you gain a guaranteed business consultancy experience and are able to use your learned skills to make a genuine impact and benefit for a company.
Note: All modules are subject to change in order to keep content current.
Facilities and features
Hugh Aston Building
You will be taught in the Hugh Aston Building, which was purpose-built at a cost of £35 million.
Facilities also include lecture theatres and classrooms with capacities ranging from 50 to 250 people, break-out spaces for group work, quiet study zones for individual work and a large number of high-spec IT labs, some of which are installed with professional software.
The main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (other than in exceptional circumstances) and offers a huge range of online resources, all of which can be remotely accessed from anywhere you choose.
The library is run by dedicated staff who offer additional support to students, including help with academic writing, research strategies, literature searching and reference management and assistive technology, and mathematical skills for non-maths students. There is also a Just Ask service for help and advice, available via email or telephone.
Our Learning Zones and the The Greenhouse also provide space for group or individual work and study.
There are 1,600 study places across all library locations, more than 700 computer stations, laptops to borrow, free wi-fi and desktop power outlets.
You can also book rooms with plasma screens, laptops and DVD facilities for group work and presentations, secure an individual study room with adjustable lighting or make use of our assistive technology.
Opportunities and careers
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons – helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
Through #DMUglobal, we offer a wide range of opportunities including on-campus and UK activities, overseas study, internships, faculty-led field trips and volunteering, as well as Erasmus+ and international exchanges.
Graduates from the course are now pursuing successful careers in large multinational organisations and medium-sized entrepreneurial businesses, typically in roles such as product development, brand management, digital marketing, marketing communications, market research, customer service management, e-marketing and sales.
Recent graduates from our Marketing Management MSc programmes are now working for a variety of UK and international companies including IBM, Toyota,Candi, Schroders Investments, Saudi Industrial Development Fund and Sudan International University. Recent agency and media appointments include WPP, DDB Hong Kong, Leo Burnett Cyprus, Razorfish, Punch Communications, Creare Design, The Station Agency and Big Communications.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>