About the course
This course is designed for non-computing graduates who need to apply information technology to their current career, or want to change career direction. It covers a wide range of topics including programming, databases, security, project management and computer networking, giving you both the underpinning theory and the ability to apply it to complex real-world problems, as well as an awareness of emerging technologies and developments.
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
- Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
This course is offered via block delivery. There are two entry points (October and November). This allows you to start when it is most suitable.
Why choose this course?
- Study key areas of information technology including applications of web technologies, information systems strategy and emerging technologies
- Explore creative and innovative applications of technology to real-world problems
- Develop your analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills in relation to IT-based solutions
- Gain a thorough understanding of the social and legal aspects of the Information Technology field (e.g. British Computer Society Code of Conduct and Data Protection)
- Benefit from valuable experience of working on projects for real business, opening up new career opportunities in management, supervision or as a practitioner (eg database/IT developer or system designer/analyst) in industries which make substantial use of computers and information technology.
Unit Information – What will I learn?
- Computer Networks And Security (CIS109-6) Compulsory
- Data Modelling, Management And Governance (CIS108-6) Compulsory
- Msc Project – Applied Computing And Information Technology (CIS096-6) Compulsory
- Programming For Applications (CIS107-6) Compulsory
- Research Methodologies And Project Management (CIS120-6) Compulsory
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>