About the course
Modern biotechnology is a hugely complex subject, drawing from a range of scientific fields. On this course, you learn the latest new technologies in key areas; gain insights into how they are used in the global biotechnology industry; and discover how microbes can be used on an industrial scale to benefit humankind.
You also hone your research skills with a laboratory-based project in one of five taught areas: molecular biology; computational biology; applied microbiology; analytical biology; and biomaterials.
The data analytics units are designed for non-computing graduates looking to apply IT in their work. They cover a wide range of topics including programming; databases; security; project management; and computer networking.
Why choose this course?
- Study the latest developments in applied microbiology and computational biology in high-quality, broad-based classes taught by dedicated staff with research experience in specialist subject areas
- Explore the latest technologies in molecular biology and the industrial processes that are used to exploit microbes for specific products and applications
- Develop the ability to use information from relevant sources, and independently and critically evaluate current research and advanced scholarship
- Through the data analytics element of the course, be able to apply IT tools and techniques to theoretical and methodological approaches, developing solutions to complex real-world problems
- Gain the ability to use assured, accurate and fluent language to present your work, and learn to develop graphs and images that clearly illustrate complex points
- Benefit from a wide knowledge base and the key transferable skills that will give you the opportunity to take your career to new heights in the biotechnology and allied industries
Unit Information – What will I learn?
- Analytical Methods (BHS013-6) Compulsory
- Applied Microbiology (BHS014-6) Compulsory
- Biomaterials (BHS042-6) Compulsory
- Biotechnology Research Project (BHS000-6) Compulsory
- Computational And Systems Biology (BHS043-6) Compulsory
- Computer Networks And Security (CIS109-6) Compulsory
- Data Modelling, Management And Governance (CIS108-6) Compulsory
- Developing Independent Research (CIS132-6) Compulsory
- Molecular Biology (BHS012-6) Compulsory
- Network Systems And Administration (CIS114-6) Compulsory
- Personal Professional Development (BSS074-6) Compulsory
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>