About the course
The course involves the detailed study of the physiological consequences of chronic debilitating diseases and highlights the changes that these different diseases cause during exercise testing.
This unique course gives you a solid grounding in theory and application of physiological tests in clinical populations including: graded cardiopulmonary exercise testing; cardiac ultrasound; vascular ultrasound; and muscle function analyses.
Throughout the course you will actively participate in practical sessions designed to increase your skills, with supervised practice sessions working alongside University sports teams in our BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Science Laboratories. Integration of theory and practice ensures you will meet developing statutory professional requirements of practice-specific knowledge, understanding and skills.
Intermediate qualifications available:
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
- Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
Why choose this course?
- Study on a unique course with a multi-disciplinary approach to teaching, with access to world-leading staff expertise and research
- Explore areas including: research design; exercise testing and diagnosis; exercise testing and prescription; physical activity, nutrition and metabolic health; laboratory skills; research methods; advanced exercise testing and diagnosis
- Develop the high-level professional standards demanded of members of a health care team; understanding your ethical, moral and legal responsibilities as well as acquiring the practical competencies, theoretical knowledge and research skills that will help you access careers in health and fitness or academia
- Gain from the opportunity to practice your skills on work placement, and shadow experienced staff
- Benefit from gaining the necessary skills to become a Health Promotion Specialist; Clinical Exercise Physiologist; Clinical Technician or researcher, and/or continue to further research-based study on MSc by research, MPhil or PhD programmes.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>