More than ever, the world needs healthcare leaders who understand research, scientific processes and the most advanced methods in education. The Clinical Leadership, Education and Research MSc at DMU welcomes practitioners from a variety of fields in healthcare, including medicine, pharmacy and nursing, amongst others.
The programme will support you in becoming a more knowledgeable and impactful clinician, educator and researcher. The programme is based on the philosophy that “leadership begins within the individual,” that leading is primarily about building strong, supportive relationships with others, and that everyone is a leader in their own way. The PG Cert year modules include Personal Professional Development for Leadership, Partnership with Patients and Stakeholders, and Concepts in Education and Concepts in Research. The PG Dip year expands this learning to, first, develop strategies and, next, to implement service improvement activities that lead to direct benefits of the student’s practice setting. The final MSc year is offered for students and organisations wanting to address the burning questions that only organised research can address. Additional optional modules allow you to tailor your learning – whether you are most interested in enhancing your skills in leadership, developing your understanding of contemporary research, expanding your teaching expertise, or discovering clear pathways to quality improvement.
We have designed the programme to be administered in a flexible distance learning approach, requiring no commute to the DMU campus in Leicester – a valuable option for busy working professionals. After the programme induction day, the PG Cert has four online study days, and the PG Dip five, with learning material rolled out via our learning-management system during the academic term. The MSc year provides bespoke support with additional learning via online tutorials, personal supervisory meetings, and three additional study days.
- This course enables busy healthcare practitioners to advance their skills and careers without leaving their job.
- You will have the option to undertake a PG Certificate, PG Diploma or full MSc awards; exit awards being conferred after successful completion of each stage.
- Benefit from a blended interactive and self-managed mix of distance learning.
- The course helps you qualify for PG Medical Education Certificate awards. [Please note: Students with prior MedEd Certification can request prior learning (RPL) to avoid needing to duplicate any prior educational learning.]
- Establish life-long networks across geographical and disciplinary fields.
Structure and assessment
The programme modules build your skills in leadership, research, teaching and service improvement in a blended manner as your studies progress.
- Personal Professional Development for Leadership (15 credits)
- Partnership with Patients and Stakeholders (15 credits)
- Concepts in Education (15 credits)
- Concepts in Research (15 credits)
- Development of a Service Improvement Strategy (15 credits)*
- Choice of 1 of 3 Optional modules focusing on Managing Change, Mentorship or Educational Assessments (15 credits)
- Demonstration of Service Improvement (30 credits)*
- Masters Dissertation (60 credits)
*Modules delivered by Lakeside Healthcare Group (LHG)
DMU has signed a collaborative partnership agreement with LHG where LHG will deliver two of the three modules of the PG Dip award: „Development of a Service Improvement Strategy” (15 credits) and „Demonstration of Service Improvement” (30 credits).*
LHG is one of the biggest providers of primary care in the UK, operating 8 General Medical Services organisations across 14 separate locations in Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire. LHG is also an experienced provider of medical education, with an established medical education department on a group wide level as well as having individual practice hub providers. Importantly, key members of LHG’s teaching staff have completed the MSc in Clinical (Medical) Leadership, Education and Research at DMU. This exciting collaboration will enable students to tap into the quality improvement expertise developed over many years by LHG, supported by the faculty at DMU.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>