About the course
The course gives you a broad knowledge of drug discovery and development, focusing on the mechanisms of drug action at molecular level; the treatment of human diseases; and the latest cell and molecular technologies used in pharmacology. You gain an in-depth understanding of individual examples of modern drug research and development before moving on to specialise in one research area through the completion of a laboratory research project.
Why choose this course?
- Study the principles of drug design, pre-clinical evaluation, clinical trials, regulatory affairs and the application of new technologies in the drug discovery and development process
- Explore the latest therapeutic concepts and principles relating to the causes, epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of human diseases in current clinical practice
- Develop a systematic understanding and critical awareness of new technologies in cell and molecular biology
- Work with our expert academic team, who are actively involved in research so you are up to the minute when it comes to current and emerging developments in the field
- Gain a wide range of valuable practical and transferable skills as well as the ability to devise an experimental plan as an independent investigator
In addition to developing your specialist knowledge and understanding, there is an emphasis on developing your approach and attitude to working by emphasising and encouraging the professional standards expected by employers. This is supported by a departmental seminar programme that includes speakers from industry who give you an insight into what they expect from employees.
The University also has a programme of seminars and workshops designed to help you recognise and boost the attributes expected and appreciated by employers. This is supplemented by trips and visits.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>