About the Course
The development of safe and effective new drugs is a challenging and rewarding field. On this course, you acquire a broad knowledge of drug discovery and development, focusing on the mechanisms of drug action at molecular level; the treatment of human diseases; and the latest cell and molecular technologies used in pharmacology. You also have the opportunity to specialise in one research area through the completion of a laboratory research project.
The Data Analytics units cover a range of topics including programming; databases; security; project management; and computer networking. You also learn how to apply your IT knowledge and skills to complex real-world problems as well as emerging technologies and developments.
Why choose this course?
- Study the principles of drug design, pre-clinical evaluation, clinical trials, regulatory affairs and the application of new technologies in the drug discovery and development process
- Explore the latest therapeutic concepts and principles relating to the causes, epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of human diseases in current clinical practice
- Develop a systematic understanding and critical awareness of new technologies in cell and molecular biology
- Work with our expert academic team, who are actively involved in research so you are up to the minute when it comes to current and emerging developments in the field
- Gain a wide range of valuable practical and transferable skills as well as the ability to apply data analytics to problems and developments in the pharmacological field
- Progress into careers in drug research and development in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, the NHS and other public organisations
Unit Information – What will I learn?
- Cell And Molecular Biology (BHS001-6) Compulsory
- Clinical Pharmacology And Therapeutics (BHS007-6) Compulsory
- Computer Networks And Security (CIS109-6) Compulsory
- Data Modelling, Management And Governance (CIS108-6) Compulsory
- Developing Independent Research (CIS132-6) Compulsory
- Drug Discovery And Development (BHS005-6) Compulsory
- Molecular Pharmacology (BHS006-6) Compulsory
- Personal Professional Development (BSS074-6) Compulsory
- Pharmacology Research Project (BHS010-6) Compulsory
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>