About the MSc Social Work
The MSc Social Work provides you with the opportunity to gain a professional qualification in social work at masters’ level. This is a generic social work qualification that equips students with the skills, ethical principles, deep knowledge, critical awareness and reflexivity needed to pursue a career in social work in any field.
Successful students are eligible to apply to the social work regulator Social Work England SWE for professional registration.
On this practice-based social work course, your studies will be supervised by experienced practitioners, and you can expect an induction, a protected workload and a study day most weeks while on placement.
All placements are under constant development with our employer partners, and you may be eligible for a Social Work bursary administered by the NHS Business Services Authority
Step up to Social Work
Applications to 2022 ‚Step up to Socialwork’ are now closed. Read more about the course and the entry criteria
The Step Up programme runs every two years. Applications for 2022 closed on 7 April 2021.
The University of Bedfordshire is partnered with two Step Up Regional Partnerships: South East (Oxfordshire, Milton Keynes, Central Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire) and the Central Eastern (Hertfordshire, Luton and Bedford.)
Students can expect to start the programme in January 2022, completing their training in March 2023.
Why choose this course?
- Study the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary for social work practice at qualification level with adults and children in the private, voluntary and independent sectors.
- Explore the role of social work, its inter-relationship with other disciplines and the ethical base for practice where initiative is balanced with accountability to employers, the profession, service-users and carers.
- Develop a deep and systematic understanding of current theoretical and methodological approaches and acquire the skills necessary for analytical research-informed practice.
- Gain skills in critical reflexivity and emotional literacy which underpin collaborative social work practice and proactive professional development.
- Benefit from classroom and placement activities which will enable you to develop collaborative and communication abilities that can be applied to complex problem-solving task
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>